What is this tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given this from a friend that I helped salvage wood from a very old (as in 160 year old building). I have no idea what it is at all. Any info, or help is appreciated. I love history and old stuff btw. It says on one piece " Diamond Machining Technology Inc Marlborough MA 01752 and on centre part where the holes are on backside it says "DMT PATS-US 3860400&worldwide, Made In U.S.A"

3345e8o.jpg

2lut5bd.jpg

snffog.jpg

Lapping plates are great for lapping and sharpening anything from knifes to all sorts of cutting tools. They do wear out over time, but are generally not very expensive. Harbor Freight used to have a very high quality 2x6 inch set in different grits, but the newer version has much larger perforations, so there's less diamond coating, which results in shorter useful life.

Fleet farm sells smith brand diamond stones, I have the larger ones with little legs in several sharpening grits and after 8 years they are still effective and I always have the sharpest knives.

Sharpening stone.

I bought a sharpened made by a guy with the last name onion. It uses very small belts,has angle guides and I've gotten every knife I own so sharp I can literally shave with them.
It even has a belt to sharpen serated edges. Great system. Though I still like to sharpen with a stone by hand sometimes this thing is fast. And versatile.

Hello Clevy, Was sharpener Mr. Onion made a "one of" or a produced product?
If it's available please give me a lead as I'd love to get one.
Thanks, Kira

Actually, you can use those dry or with water but DO NOT use with oil or anything. I don't know about the dish soap but can't see how it would hurt.

They work great, I have the entire grit range in bench stones and use with a small bit of water or dry with a light touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back