what is the best v6 ever made?

I know right -thats a little like - she'd be hot without that wart on her face...

My ex wife had a car called a mazda precidia you couldn't get in the US and it had a tiny V6 I think it was 1.5 or 1.8L, but it was a sweet little mill.
The MX-3 had a 1.8L V6 option, which edges out Toyota's 2.0L V6

Slow as balls, but the Alfa Milano V6 is the best driving and sounding car I ever had. If you stared at it you could see it slowly rusting away but the engine never let me down.

there is NO way you can have an engine "that just needs an intake manifold gasket once" be in a list of the best engines ever. Makes no sense to me. Do you realize how many of these cars were sent to the junkyard because someone was un-willing to do this intake manifold gasket?

LIM gaskets & Elbows on a 3800 is a pretty straight forward job. If people decided to junk a car solely because this, That's just ignorant.

I know right -thats a little like - she'd be hot without that wart on her face...

My ex wife had a car called a mazda precidia you couldn't get in the US and it had a tiny V6 I think it was 1.5 or 1.8L, but it was a sweet little mill.

The MX-3 had a 1.8L V6, I owned a '93 MX-3 for a short time & it was a blast to drive!

The Precidia was sold here as the MX-3. A 1.8 l V6 was available as an option. It was claimed to be the smallest-displacement mass-produced V6 ever. The base engine was a 1.6 l inline-4.

Along those lines, I always enjoyed the sound of the SVT Contour (I had one)

The 2.5L Duratec made a pleasant sound as you rowed it through the gears.

Slow as balls, but the Alfa Milano V6 is the best driving and sounding car I ever had. If you stared at it you could see it slowly rusting away but the engine never let me down.

LIM gaskets & Elbows on a 3800 is a pretty straight forward job. If people decided to junk a car solely because this, That's just ignorant.

I doubt it was junked because the person was "just ignorant". They likely got a repair quote that made keeping the vehicle not make sense. I'm someone who DIY's everything I can, but I fully understand that most people don't have the tools or knowledge to do so. That doesn't necessarily make them ignorant, just incapable of repairing their own vehicle.

Nothing beats BMW I6 M generation of engines. N generations is bit too complicated for what is asked here.

Those would be inline-six engines, not V6. I personally don't have any V6 engines I like besides maybe the Honda J series V6s, as I prefer I-6 engines.

I'm going to put in a vote for the little AJ25, V6 in my Jaguar X-Type. It's a 2.5L, 60 degree, 4 valve, Ford Duratec engine with a few Jaguar alterations. Such as variable valve timing, variable intake runner volume/length and direct acting mechanical bucket tappets.

I nominate it because in 200,000 miles, I've not been able to kill this thing, and short of pulling the oil drain plug off, I've tried everything I can think of. It does get 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck M1. So that helps it's otherwise weak rod bearings.

Back