What is the best hand held grease gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: OilFool
I have three American made Lincolns about 14-15 years old and they get used a lot.

^^^Is this how long ago they stopped making them HERE, and sent their production over to India??
mad.gif
frown.gif

Honestly, I didn't even know they did as I never needed a new one. I had to replace on tip, but that was all. But at least that long ago they were made here.

I just want to reiterate that they are not a one-type fits all deal as stated in my other post, and hopefully that helps at least one person if they come across anything American/German/Japanese made. Get at LEAST a flexible tube pistol-grip as that can be used in most applications. Just gets old if you have to squeeze a lot.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I have three American made Lincolns about 14-15 years old and they get used a lot.

^^^Is this how long ago they stopped making them HERE, and sent their production over to India??
mad.gif
frown.gif

Honestly, I didn't even know they did as I never needed a new one. I had to replace on tip, but that was all. But at least that long ago they were made here.

I just want to reiterate that they are not a one-type fits all deal as stated in my other post, and hopefully that helps at least one person if they come across anything American/German/Japanese made. Get at LEAST a flexible tube pistol-grip as that can be used in most applications. Just gets old if you have to squeeze a lot.

Yes, I have two of the Indar made Lincolns, one lever, and one pistol grip, both with flexible hoses.

It would be nearly impossible to get the Amsoil Polymeric NLGI 2 Off Road grease out of the pistol grip gun for very long unless one was The Incredible Hulk, or stronger, grip-wise.
wink.gif

Had to run to Grainger today...
Looked at grease guns for the [censored] of it to see what they had while thinking of this thread.

SUPPOSEDLY made in USA still:

C600
Heavy duty series - Extra Long Solid Lever
Heavy duty series - Lever
High Pressure Series

I paid ~$25 each for mine and HOLY COW are prices high EVERYWHERE now.
Cheaper when made in USA. Have to appease those investors and show a nice bottom line I guess.

If anyone REALLY wants to know for SURE, shoot 'em an e-mail.
Just tell them how you have foreign made garbage and you want MADE IN USA.

But now thinking... I don't know if Made in USA is 100% made here... or if parts are sourced overseas.

After reviews aforementioned reviews, I decided to purchase an Alemite grease gun. A little spendy, but was one of the last grease guns made in USA. Boy, I was in for a shock. Made in China! Alemite states that it was "Designed in USA." Wow! However; it does appear well made. Just a little disappointed. I realize were in a global economy, but everything is made in China. Most items made in China, tend to break rather quickly. There are exceptions. The Chinese make a really good AK-47 and Apple products.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Pajero
After reviews aforementioned reviews, I decided to purchase an Alemite grease gun. A little spendy, but was one of the last grease guns made in USA. Boy, I was in for a shock. Made in China! Alemite states that it was "Designed in USA." Wow! However; it does appear well made. Just a little disappointed. I realize were in a global economy, but everything is made in China. Most items made in China, tend to break rather quickly. There are exceptions. The Chinese make a really good AK-47 and Apple products.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

The old Stewart Warner Alemite guns were some of the best! The shop I left recently used the off-shore made Alemite guns.....They stood up quite well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back