What is a good tire inclation chuck??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for some type of locking tire inflation chuck to replace a leaking one on my 12 volt portable tire inflator. I would like an American made one, or one that doesn't leak. NAPA use to have Camel brand, but they don't sell them anymore. A screw on type would be nice.

Something like this

41%2B0wXrnG0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

417omQjp3%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
so why dont you just buy the one youv pictured ?

I was reading the reviews on Amazon, and most of them don't seal. I was seeing if anyone had experience with ones that work. Most are made in China and leak.

I read somewhere that the long ones are prone to snapping off TPMS sensors due to the leverage that could potentially be exerted by the user, so be careful.

I've got one in my toolbox similar to the one pictured on top. I don't know what brand it is (or even if it's American made) but they are cheap enough that one or two purchases won't break the bank. Mine doesn't leak.
Just be careful using these. There was a place that I know who used one of these on a rear tractor tire a couple of months ago and forgot about it. (I think the kid went to lunch and had things on his mind) It shredded the cab of the tractor and remodeled the interior of the tire shop. Luckily, nobody was hurt.

Check at your local airport mechanic supply, lots of good stuff made for aircraft use. Way better quality.
I have similiar stuff which is 40yrs old and still working just fine.

I have one that is simpler than those shown. Just an angled press-on inflator. I don't need the thing to lock on really.

Thing is, in use it is fine, but when not on the inflation nipple on the tire, the thing just leaks air like crazy.

So I'm interested in this too - I don't need some long thing that locks on, just something with enough quality that it doesn't leak air until it is on the valve.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
Check at your local airport mechanic supply, lots of good stuff made for aircraft use. Way better quality.
I have similiar stuff which is 40yrs old and still working just fine.

Bump. Any suggestions of what to look for or brands? Im not sure of my local airport mechanic, though PHL isnt far so Im sure there is one around...

My stupid inflator hisses when its off the inflation valve on the tire, and wastes a lot of air...

Awesome inflation device! I have one of those with a Silca presta head on it (yes, I'm that lazy). 15+ years of bouncing off of my shop floor and it's still going strong, and the gauge is still accurate when tested against two known gauges. I've used this almost every day during that time and it's still going strong. You'll be very happy with it. Glad to see they're not made overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back