What have I become?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
LouDawg, just what do you mean by him helping me out?
dunno.gif

Nothing...it was a joke...I was simply trying to point out that he lived close by, and that might be of interest to you. Apparently it wasn't.
frown.gif

quote:

Down the street at Sears Plus, the only "deal" they had was their in house oil (starts with an S and I swear I can't remember the name to save my life)

Spectrum, isn't it?

quote:

Originally posted by LouDawg:

quote:

dunno.gif

Nothing...it was a joke...I was simply trying to point out that he lived close by, and that might be of interest to you. Apparently it wasn't.
frown.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
It's not a matter of interest or not, I just didn't know what the |-|3LL you were talkin about
lol.gif

...as far as I know, I don't need help. But I'm sure some of my friends and family would debate that
grin.gif

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LouDawg:

quote:

dunno.gif

frown.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
It's not a matter of interest or not, I just didn't know what the |-|3LL you were talkin about
lol.gif

...as far as I know, I don't need help. But I'm sure some of my friends and family would debate that
grin.gif

No problem...same with me...my wife is just not comfortable with me doing this stuff!
cheers.gif

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by vronline:
Agreed... You can get Castrol cheaper at WalMart anytime

Havoline and TropArtic are less all the time, so there's no need to rush to buy (at this point anyway).

...if price is your biggest criteria.

You must have the best WalMart ever because I was just there and Castrol was still over $2.50/qt...
spaz.gif

Me too....I have not seen Castrol at any Walmart under 2.00 in a while.

The reality is that in some parts of the country, if you don't want to deal with rebates (me), 1.49 IS a good deal.

As I've grown older and have become more successful in business and finances than I was when I was younger, I have learned that

time = money.

When you're making any appreciable amount of money, you find that an hour spent shopping around looking to save a few pennies on a quart of oil ends up costing a whole lot more in lost productivity. That hour I'd have spent looking around to save $.20 per quart on oil, would have paid for almost all of a complete oil change with the oil at full price.

quote:

Originally posted by Thermactor:
As I've grown older and have become more successful in business and finances than I was when I was younger, I have learned that

time = money.

When you're making any appreciable amount of money, you find that an hour spent shopping around looking to save a few pennies on a quart of oil ends up costing a whole lot more in lost productivity. That hour I'd have spent looking around to save $.20 per quart on oil, would have paid for almost all of a complete oil change with the oil at full price.

Yeah, but it's just SO DARN FUN!!!
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Thermactor:

time = money.

You left out a step.

time = life

your life can be traded for money

As you grow even older and more successful, you will hopefully begin to appreciate that. Then you will need to decide how much of your life you are willing to sell.

yeah, its all dependent on what brings you joy.

I can afford to get a high class oil change at the dealer... but I like to do it, so why not?

Now, some repairs Ive learned are a headache, so Ill gladly pay to get them done.

JMH

quote:

You know, I was just in Wallyworld the other day and what did I see? GTX was only $1.98/qt and it didn't say anything about a sale...I was like
shocked.gif
lol. But I feel the same way when it comes to rebates. Anything under $20 bucks just ain't even worth the effort. So when I saw the latest AA ad, it said Formula Shell was only $1.39 after .30 cent rebate. Gimme a break...
rolleyes.gif

See I look at it differently. If there is a rebate, just keep organized and spend the 5 monutes to do it. Though rebates dont always get paid, theyre always worth the gamble of a stamp and envelope.

Look out for the pennies, and the dollars will take care of themselves... but dont drive yourself crazy either way.

JMH

You know, I was just in Wallyworld the other day and what did I see? GTX was only $1.98/qt and it didn't say anything about a sale...I was like
shocked.gif
lol. But I feel the same way when it comes to rebates. Anything under $20 bucks just ain't even worth the effort. So when I saw the latest AA ad, it said Formula Shell was only $1.39 after .30 cent rebate. Gimme a break...
rolleyes.gif

Well, when it comes to those chump change rebates, I think about the 'time = money (and life)' aspect and just don't care about saving a few pennies. Now, I do not go driving around from store to store looking to save 10 or 20 cents here and there on a quart of oil, but if I happen to stumble upon a good deal, or see an ad that I think might be a good deal, then I'll either get it, or just keep it in mind next time I need it. At the very least it gives me a reference point to compare other stores prices if and when I mozy on down that oil isle for no appearant reason lol...
grin.gif

I agree that time = money. That's why I'm currently running Mobil 1 in one vehicle and Mobil 1 EP in my other vehicle for 10,000 mi. OCI's (after which I'll do a UOA on each and go from there). I'd rather pay for the Mobil syns than pay a lot less for dino or a cheap synthetic and change the oil every 3-5,000 mi.

In addition to time = money, I have better things to do with my time than change my oil every
3-5,000 miles.

Besides, I like the superior cleaning properties of Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back