Yeesh, I tried not to do this...

I was at the local clearance store & found some Kendall 10W-40 syn blend for 95¢/qt. I think they're SL, but they might be SJ. There were only five qts, so I bought all five & figgerd I could use them for my 2nd A-Rx clean cycle. Then I noticed there were also a few bottles of Trop-Artic 10W-30 SM/GF-4 full syn for only $1.25/qt. There were only eight qts of that, so I bought all eight. [Embarrassed] My goal was to whittle my number of oils down to just one type for all three cars. Now I've got seven different motor oils in my garage!! ("Gosh!") Oh well... I guess it's good to have something other than just PAO full syn, right? [Roll Eyes] Like when we borrow that friend's truck that always needs a qt & a half added just to register on the dipstick.... Everyone have a non-emergency-room 4th! [Cheers!]

I was recently at a local home center (Menards) and they had Rotella 15W-40 for 1.68/qt. I had absolutely no use for it, but I simply had to pick up a case. It was like a sickness-I just had to buy it. [I dont know] Go figure.

ALS

Both my Volvo's use the same oil filter and both use Mobil 1 10W30. The only problem is one uses a copper washer and the other uses a aluminum one.

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
quote:
Originally posted by ALS: Both my Volvo's use the same oil filter and both use Mobil 1 10W30. The only problem is one uses a copper washer and the other uses a aluminum one.
So just get a Fumoto for each and be done with it!