what happened to Mr. Goodbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for these candy bars at almost every place i happen to go to,and in about 10 months,I've only found 1 place that had them.What gives???

My theory:

Peanut prices went thru the roof from about $855 per metric ton in 2009 to $2358 per ton last month.

most goods related to peanut had a huge spike in price as a result (peanut butter, peanut oil, etc).

I'd bet that with that big of a jump in price of an ingredient like peanuts that it would be hard to make a profit. Thus why we see many more Almond products on the shelves now.

They are a great candybar though. One of my favorites along with Payday.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Last Mr. Goodbar I bought was full of maggots. Never again.
Peanuts for fiber,maggots for protien! J/K

I haven't bought for myself and eaten a candy bar in over 20 years, am I missing something?...enjoy the little things in life, I say...

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Anyone see a Charleston Chew lately? Do they still make them?

There's a gas station about a half an hour away from me that has them, or at least had them about six months ago. They had three different flavors too. I didn't buy any, it's just that my daughter used to like them as a kid and she pointed them out to me as I paid for gas. Next time I'm in the area, I'll look.

Originally Posted By: kb01
When I first saw the post, I thought the question was about Mr. Goodwrench.

When I saw the title, I thought the reference was to a former member on this site.

Sounds like Mr. Goodbar may have married Mr. Goodwrench in a Massachusetts civil ceremony and taken his last name. That could be why he has disappeared!!

I never liked them. I tried a Take 5 bar not that long ago, and I really liked it. I don't eat much sweets, but this was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back