What. Grade should I used for this mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2004 Nissan maxima

Mods
75 shot nos,greedy exhaust,aem cai,ecu-flashed 7100 rpm stock was 6400,timing 2 dergrees for nos, n 245/35/20.

Will I be okay when I'm not using nos for whatever u guy tell me what grade of oil I should used with nos n without nos?

Originally Posted By: Rohan

Mods
75 shot nos,greedy exhaust,aem cai,ecu-flashed 7100 rpm stock was 6400,timing 2 dergrees for nos, n 245/35/20.

Will I be okay when I'm not using nos for whatever u guy tell me what grade of oil I should used with nos n without nos?

Amsoil 10W-30 Racing Oil

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
a rocket? really, most folks on a turbo forumn recommend red line or rotella t 10-40 syn

Yeah, i consider mid 14's pretty fast for a stock family car..

I would start with Redline 10W40 and go from their. I am assuming you are running wet? What fuel are you useing with the NOS wett system?

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
That thing must haul butt.

I had an 02 3.5SE Altima with manual trans and that was was a rocket in stock trim..

Is yours a 6sp?

no 5spd.

Originally Posted By: wapacz
You have any idea how your oil temps are doing ?
Originally Posted By: wapacz
You have any idea how your oil temps are doing ?

umm not really.

I forgot to tell u guy that I have only 10,000 miles on it. What grade wld be fine with nos with that miles? I been putting 5w30 grade does that sound right?

Anybody? Please help. All I wanna know is what grade of oil sholud I used with nos n wld I be okay when I'm not using nos? Motor only have 10,000 mile on it.

Anybody? Please help. All I wanna know is what grade of oil sholud I used with nos n wld I be okay when I'm not using nos? Motor only have 10,000 mile on it.

The first post answered your question. He said use a good 10w40. It will be just fine whether you're spraying or not. I'd just run what the factory called for since your motor is stock and you wont be spraying much longer than a few seconds.

Also, I wouldn't wind on it past 7000rpms. 6500 sounds high enough, JMO though. I really don't know much, but don't you need to lighten and strengthen the internals before you increase your redline?

Over the counter stuff: Rotella T6 5w40, Mobil 1 5w40 TDT, Mobil 1 0w40, Syntec 0w30 (made in germany), Delo 5w40 synthetic

Mods

Whitewalls, raised white letter, or blackwall?

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

The first post answered your question. He said use a good 10w40. It will be just fine whether you're spraying or not. I'd just run what the factory called for since your motor is stock and you wont be spraying much longer than a few seconds.

Also, I wouldn't wind on it past 7000rpms. 6500 sounds high enough, JMO
though. I really don't know much, but don't you need to lighten and strengthen
the internals before you increase your redline?

Factory require 5w30 for stock engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back