What features do you appreciate the most on your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either the engine or the brakes, depending on what the guy in front of me is doing.

Heads up display.
Voice commands.
Heated seats and steering wheel.
Adaptive cruise control.
Automatic transmission that knows what gear to be in.

*NO auto windows, they never work correctly for me no matter the make or model. No matter how I touch the switch, it's always two or three tries to activate the auto down feature, or two or three back and forth attempts to crack the window to where I want it. (All my cars have this and I hate it).
*The more gauges the better, trans temp earns extra points
*Real-time MPG gauge is extremely nice, but not necessary.
*Cruise is a must (regular old school cruise, not that adaptive bs)
*A/C and heat are a must
*Keyless entry is a must, along with an actual key. Push button start is banned.
*No hubcaps, rims only (even though I broke this rule on the Honda)
*DI is banned
*Turbos are banned
*Cylinder deactivation is banned
*7+ gears is too many
*CVTs are banned
*Stop-Start is unquestionably banned

*And most importantly, a solid horn is a must. (Anyone know a good replacement for the sorry excuse of one they put in the '13 Civics?)

*If my car has something not listed here, I didn't want it, and I wasted money on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste
Decades old technology like a/c, seat belts or power locks or century old technology like doors excepted.

A year ago I went from a Buick Encore which was relatively gadget rich to a Kia Soul+ which was gadget poor.

The only two items which were indispensable in the Soul were Bluetooth and a backup camera. The Soul is a better vehicle but if it didn't those two items I would have passed.

good news!
backup cameras are federally mandated on model year 2016 and newer vehicles, most made it standard by 2015.

Originally Posted by earlyre
Originally Posted by csandste
Decades old technology like a/c, seat belts or power locks or century old technology like doors excepted.

A year ago I went from a Buick Encore which was relatively gadget rich to a Kia Soul+ which was gadget poor.

The only two items which were indispensable in the Soul were Bluetooth and a backup camera. The Soul is a better vehicle but if it didn't those two items I would have passed.

good news!
backup cameras are federally mandated on model year 2016 and newer vehicles, most made it standard by 2015.

Actually it is May 2018, not 2016, for both USA and Canada.

It's amazing how many don't like Proximity keys, push button start until they have actually used them.

Agree on auto down windows - can never get it just right.

Last edited:
remote start. It was a very cold winter and it came in very handy. I could start it from my office window and it would be ready to go when I got there. Never had it before.

Air conditioning, Bluetooth audio, power windows, cruise control, and hey, the engine is pretty handy too!

I'm quiet simple in my wants & needs for a vehicle. However, I would have to say, REMOTE ENGINE START for those cold days. I do also appreciate well lit, well located & easy to read(at night) HVAC marking and other simple radio functions.

Otherwise, I am not impressed with features that do for you, what I can easily do myself with a short reach & a push w/ my index finger/index finger & thumb combo.

I do indeed appreciate a comfortable, reasonably quiet car that I can see out of without have to use surround view cameras. And the only reason that I can appreciate a backup camera at all is because they're just about standard in every vehicle today and the view from the porthole(I mean window) out back has become pitiful in many vehicles due to the location & need for rear airbags(I am not against rear airbags).

Manual crank windows, cassette/8 track, and the lack of any drivetrain motherboards.

R12 in the summer.

Webasto in the winter.

myself I wish they would build a car/truck without all that crap ..all I need is a basic car/truck ,standard shift , heat and crank up windows, don't even need a radio, it's no wonder vehicles cost as much as they do

things i like the most is the air suspension, digital cluster and column gear shift, also the ac and radio buttons on the steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back