What features do you appreciate the most on your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our modern car (2018 VW Tiguan) the Apple Car Play is favorite feature especially Google Maps. I like the steering wheel based controls for it all too.

Proximity FOB especially for locking as I walk away; heated steering wheel; adaptive cruise control when on long highway stretches.

KIA Sportage

Adjustable one touch (left / right) indicator settings...

When you tap the stalk you can have either:

3 blinks
5 blinks
7 blinks

Sounds simple but i love it.

I don't need ramps or jacks to change the oil. Plenty of space under there.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised that no one has mentioned carburetors or distributors yet.

The 8-Track player on my 79 Caddy. Nothing like the sound of ker-plunk every 12-15 minutes when it changes programs.

On my TB it's the family friendly size. Big enough for our needs but small enough to be super nimble.

On my c1500, the fact that I don't care what happens to it. If I hit a deer I will just pull the plate and push it into a slough and walk home.

On my 3500.... most everything. But the torque stands out the most.

Last edited:
The quiet, powerful yet fuel efficient V6 of the Lex combined with the smooth shifting 6 speed.

The robust interior materials of the BMW, combined with a slightly lumpy (stock) inline 6 that loves to sing in the 2k+ rev range.

Very different experiences which are rewarding in their own ways.
19.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

The car has ABSOLUTELY terrible wheel hop in the snow or rain. It can start unexpectedly and sounds like the 1/2 shafts are about to launch.

I cured that problem on my Focus with a polyurethane transmission mount; the mount that prevents the engine/trans from rotating around. Obviously with a lease I wouldn't bother!

My Prius V has a reclining rear seat, because the Japanese version has the optional 3rd row. Wife wanted it and she got it, couldn't find it anywhere else other than some stretched full size, minivan, or 3 row SUV.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

The car has ABSOLUTELY terrible wheel hop in the snow or rain. It can start unexpectedly and sounds like the 1/2 shafts are about to launch.

I experienced the same thing 10 yrs ago when I road tested a Jetta TDI in the dry.

Last edited:
A couple of features I forgot:
The ability to send addresses from my phone to the navigation system
The M Laptimer app that allows me to analyze track sessions and will also integrate with a GoPro.

The powerful engine, like a small starship engine under the hood, yet with astonishingly good gas mileage.

Good cold A/C that does not load down the engine noticeably.

The ability to run the windows down via the remote when I'm unlocking the car, so accumulated hot air can vent.

Auto-headlights and power windows.

Passenger-side dipping exterior mirror in R, but only when I choose to use it instead of it being automatically triggered. Useful for avoiding the curb when backing into a space.

The 328i has navigation and real-time traffic information, but I have yet to check those features out in detail. If the car can really warn me in advance of traffic snarls, I'll be really happy.

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
The powerful engine, like a small starship engine under the hood, yet with astonishingly good gas mileage.

Good cold A/C that does not load down the engine noticeably.

The ability to run the windows down via the remote when I'm unlocking the car, so accumulated hot air can vent.

Auto-headlights and power windows.

Passenger-side dipping exterior mirror in R, but only when I choose to use it instead of it being automatically triggered. Useful for avoiding the curb when backing into a space.

The 328i has navigation and real-time traffic information, but I have yet to check those features out in detail. If the car can really warn me in advance of traffic snarls, I'll be really happy.

My 2 Series has RTTI and it really works well; you can set up the navigation system so that it warns you about traffic or you can set it so that the navigation system warns you and automatically adjusts your route to compensate.
If you drill down into the traffic advisories you will find that they are quite detailed- it might state something like: "2154 feet of traffic moving at an average speed of 3.7 mph."
I used to use the nav on my way to work and on my way home so that I could avoid traffic problems. Be sure and install the BMW Connected app on your phone and also verify you are registered with BMW ConnectedDrive(your sales associate should have set that up at delivery).

Originally Posted by user52165

It's amazing how many don't like Proximity keys, push button start until they have actually used them.

Our cx-5 has keyless, and push button start. I don't like it.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by user52165

It's amazing how many don't like Proximity keys, push button start until they have actually used them.

Our cx-5 has keyless, and push button start. I don't like it.

Why? I like the fact the fob stays in my pocket. I don't use the proximity lock/unlock function though. I prefer to use the touch buttons to unlock all doors. That way I am sure everything is locked.

As for pushbutton start, there is no fumbling with a key. It's actually a simpler operation.

The settings give you some options to customize the fob operation.

On my BMWs and Mini with Comfort Access you have to touch a specific spot on the door handle to lock the car.

Originally Posted by MCompact
On my BMWs and Mini with Comfort Access you have to touch a specific spot on the door handle to lock the car.

That must be the touch sensor. Some are on the front, others on the inside of the handle. The proximity function will automatically lock or unlock the doors when you reach a certain distance towards or away from the car. Sometimes it either doesn't work as planned or you are not sure if it did. It's a personal preference for each person. I'm glad we have the options.

The Sonata doesn't have automatic headlights, but they will go off when you turn off the ignition. Since it's dark both going to and coming from work in winter months, I like placing less wear on the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back