What did your last front tire cost? OUCH

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Had a new front tire put on the BMW F900xr today. I was quoted $170 for either of two 120-70/19 upper mid tier tires. And a quote of $230 for a Michelin Road 6. I chose a Dunlop RoadSmart IV, Installation was another $70, 2 wheel weights at $4.73 (OUCH part deux) each and tax and shop fee of $3.50, Tax was almost $17 for a whopping total of $271. Guess they need to pay for their new Triumph building next door.

Hope this lasts 8500 miles like the original Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I just bought a pair of Dunlop Mutants. Almost $400. I couldn’t find anyone to mount them. Finally had a local car garage fit me in and I had to leave it three days after the appointment. The kicker? It was over $220. To mount two motorcycle tires. My old mechanic, in my old town charged $25 each.
About a month later I bought a pair of tiny scooter tires for my wife’s Vespa. I think it was $200, but the mount was “only” about $90. I am seriously considering a No Mar or Rabaconda at this point.

I have a Cycle Hill tire changer that mounts to my trucks frame hitch. It’s saved me some big dollars over the years. I buy my tires from J&P cycles but still expensive!

$200 for a 120/70/19 front. + $60 mount and balance. It would’ve been more if I brought the bike in.

DIABLO™ SUPERCORSA SP - V4
FROM TRACK TO ROAD

The Pirelli 5% treaded tire directly derived from racetrack competitions and engineered to unlock the full potential of your motorcycle, both on road and on the racetrack...

PirelliSupercorsaSP1V4.JPG

Was the tire on the bike or did you bring the rim in?
I have never been charged per wheel weight.

My last few tires I changed my self with a bead breaker from Harbor Freight and some tire spoons and elbow grease. Use balance beads to get them balanced.
Total PITA.

That said, my most recent tire purchase was $94 total for the rear tire on my K1600GT.
Not gonna say more because it will derail this thread.

I have tire changing tools. But I have friends at several dealerships who will match the best Internet price I can find, and will dismount the old tire, mount the new one, and balance it for free, as long as the wheels are off the bike. I usually go that route because they get some business, and I get to visit with friends.

$55 each for two 14 inch tires on a Honda Accord.

Net cost out the door was $136. Back in 2020 these would have been $40 tires.

Wanted to buy the Michelin Road 6 , for my CTX , everyone on the CTX forum raved about them, but at $207 plus install , I started looking at alternatives.

So I took a chance on the Shinko 009 Raven , shipped and installed/balanced (I pulled it off the bike) at local Cyclegear it was $110.

I've put a couple of hundred miles on it and it rides great . We'll see how it lasts.

Was the tire on the bike or did you bring the rim in?
I have never been charged per wheel weight.

My last few tires I changed my self with a bead breaker from Harbor Freight and some tire spoons and elbow grease. Use balance beads to get them balanced.
Total PITA.

That said, my most recent tire purchase was $94 total for the rear tire on my K1600GT.
Not gonna say more because it will derail this thread.
I have been getting "hosed JK" at this dealer for 33 years. Their work is 95% perfect. I had no issues on the way home with balance or steering head bearing preload. Paid the price for their professionalism, job was done in 60 minutes and I was home in 2 hours from when I left to go there. I just do not have the space, skill or motivation to possibly screw it up myself. Your right about the wheel weights, I think this is the first time they pulled this one. Like I said before they need to pay for the new Triumph showroom in a new building. They have always been a "nickel and dime you" type place. The labor charge was $70 was fair as they had to remove and reinstall.

Last edited:
After the last go-round 2 years ago on the big bike, got a Rabaconda and a balancer, and did both wheels on the smaller bike on my own this past Winter. The Rabaconda is OK especially if you need portability, but wish I had gone with the NoMar for the harder tires.

Back