What car is this one???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I saw this police car, it had Ford emblems but it was neither a Focus nor a Fusion, apart from the wheels is a neat looking car.

f58v3t.jpg

2r59bth.jpg

1qphjd.jpg

2rxemwm.jpg

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Taurus isn't sold in Mexico?

It is if you're the Policia!

No, they haven't sold the Taurus in Mexico since the mid nineties, The biggest Ford you can buy here is the Fusion.

What amazes me is the amount of modifications and special equipment a police car requires nowadays. I thought that to be a policeman you only needed to grow up a moustache and put some blues & twos in the roof of any car!!

Last edited:
We have an unmarked one here with ~43,000 miles...it is a piece of junk. Not to mention the blind spots are horrible...

Technically speaking, it's called the Police Interceptor Sedan, not a Taurus. The Explorer based version is called the Police Interceptor Utility.

9366319937_1fdc0499e1_b.jpg

Police cars are starting to look more and more like military vehicles..... yikes. They (the cops and their cars) used to have this friendly country charm back in the 70's 80's, now they look like blackwater mercenary vehicles looking for civilians to shoot

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138

No, they haven't sold the Taurus in Mexico since the mid nineties, The biggest Ford you can buy here is the Fusion.

What amazes me is the amount of modifications and special equipment a police car requires nowadays. I thought that to be a policeman you only needed to grow up a moustache and put some blues & twos in the roof of any car!!
And those tacky Ray-Ban police style glasses

Whatever the "proper" name is it's a Taurus. The cop that lives right across the street from me has a white one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back