What car has a great electric fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to have to buy one of those electric fans that work good but are expensive. What car has a stock electric fan that does a great job at cooling? I want it for my 66 Nova. It's only a 6 cyl 194 cid. Thanks

the cooling fan in my old 92 Taurus would take care of all the leaves under the car. blew them all the way out.
That was a pretty strong fan..

Or a late 90's Lincoln Mark 8. They move some good CFM's
wink.gif

Measure what you think will fit, then head to the junk yard. Make sure your wiring and alternator can handle the load. Your alternator of probably only a 37amp.

Lincoln MKVII tops the list by a good bit, but it's HUGE to the point I couldn't use it in a C- body Mopar. The fan from a 3.8L Taurus has a rep as the second most powerful, and that's what I have on the 66 Polara with a 440 and AC in my sig. Works quote well, and I have a DCC Electronics temp/speed controller on it.

The old benz diesels had a good electric PUSH fan that went in front of the rad.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The old benz diesels had a good electric PUSH fan that went in front of the rad.

+1, and they can be run off a 55A alternator.

You may find that 2 small fans fit your application better.

You only need as much fan as you need.
Bigger (more powerful) is not always better.
There is less wear and tear if a fan runs for a longer cycle than one that is more powerful and cycles on an off repeatedly.

Anything from a BMW or a Mercedes, very robust cooling systems and strong fans.

Last edited:
The ford Taurus fans of the mid 90s, they use them in Jeep Cherokees to swap, they're really powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back