What brand of oil in you lawnmowers, or tractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawnmowers and Tractors (Toro SR4 with Briggs Quantum, and a Simplicity Coronet with a 13hp Kohler Command) get Amsoil ACD. I think it is a hard to beat oil for air cooled engines.

Briggs 3500 watt Generator- Amsoil ACD in summer and GC or Amsoil SSO in winter.

Snow blower gets GC or SSO.

Two cycle stuff gets Amsoil Saber at 80:1 or Stihl HP Ultra at 50:1.

Some people laugh at me for over maintaining my OPE equipment. But when I need them to work, they work!! My sump pump runs a lot in spring, and I get frequent power outages during storms. This is not a good time to find out if your generator has stale fuel or 4 year old factory oil when you need it to run for 12 hours. Call me crazy, but a few ounces of fuel stabilizer and a couple of quarts of syn oil are cheap compared to a flooded basement!

Originally Posted By: wolfc70
Lawnmowers and Tractors (Toro SR4 with Briggs Quantum, and a Simplicity Coronet with a 13hp Kohler Command) get Amsoil ACD. I think it is a hard to beat oil for air cooled engines.

Briggs 3500 watt Generator- Amsoil ACD in summer and GC or Amsoil SSO in winter.

Snow blower gets GC or SSO.

Two cycle stuff gets Amsoil Saber at 80:1 or Stihl HP Ultra at 50:1.

Some people laugh at me for over maintaining my OPE equipment. But when I need them to work, they work!! My sump pump runs a lot in spring, and I get frequent power outages during storms. This is not a good time to find out if your generator has stale fuel or 4 year old factory oil when you need it to run for 12 hours. Call me crazy, but a few ounces of fuel stabilizer and a couple of quarts of syn oil are cheap compared to a flooded basement!

No it's not something to laugh about it called value in needs!

It's a human thing. Your family NEEDS are of importance in emergency safety...now I can't argue on it!

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
In the past Super Tech HDEO 30wt. Now they get Rotella T5 10w30.

I bought this for my small engines too. Seems like a good fit for things recommending 10w30 or 30w. I used to use 15w40 HDEO, but this is closer to the recommended grade and semi-synthetic.

"Amsoil Formula 4-Stroke 10W-30/SAE 30 Small Engine Oil" in both my B&S 6.5 HP Quantum engines (push mower & pressure washer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back