What 'brand" of oil do you notice other people buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

Most people I see at Wal-Mart are buying Mobil 1 full syn. That tops the list by far here.

Do you mean among the synthetics? Or overall?
The synthetics is just a little fraction of the overall motor oil sales at Walmart.

Well, maybe out where I live (Valencia/Santa Clarita) people have more money to burn but I don't know... All I know is - I was there 3 times last month. To buy tires, to get the re-balanced, to get a flat fixed. Each time every car was getting Mobil 1. One guy got Mobil 1 EP.

tongue.gif
Just an observation.
grin.gif

I ~notice~ it most when people are buying QS. Not enough people buying ST, imo. My dino oil picks would be Mobil, Havoline, MC.

No difference here in New England either Pablo...the Quaker State and the Havoline are right next to each other. 8.48 for a jug of the QS and 8.12 for the Havoline and people always grab the QS...I'm telling ya..those ads for QS with Dennis Leary and other actors make a difference...you never see ads for Havoline(at least in this area)

For single quart purchases I would say Castrol seems to be the one I see in carts most(you and me both Bill....way too much time there and I have 4 of them within 15 minutes of me with maybe a 5th coming very soon)
shocked.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

Lots of 20W-50 Castrol. You can tell who had a muscle-car twenty-five years ago. I talked a guy out of Fram one day, he bought a Premium Plus, but when I followed him out, he headed for a 2000 Accord. I asked him if it takes 20W50, he said that's what he uses warm weather whether they recommend it or not. I called it a day, I'd already talked him outta the Fram, it was a good day!

Fram and Castrol 20W50 Dino in an Accord in hot weather! Nice combo, eh?

He'll be fine!
dunno.gif

In order of observation:

QS
SuperTech
Pennzoil
Castrol

The Castrol will sell big when on sale. At times, customers will fill up their shopping carts with 4 to 5 gallons of the Shell Rotella dino - OKC is a "big truck" town.

I work at Advance and every person aims for the CASTROL 20W-50!! #2 is the house brand. I finally realize the area I live in doesn't know their **** from their elbow. I also see a lot of SAE 40!! One guys wanted/has been putting 20-50 castrol in his 2006 chevy V8 gas truck with 12K miles. I was like HOLY *** man. I talked him into 10-40. I was trying 10-30 but he wasn't having any of it. the Women that come in for a Qt to top off usually get Castrol High milage of whatever weight they grab. 5-20 or 20-50.

People at walmart shop on price; so when I go to walmart, supertech is always low on stock on the shelves

It seems they are always out of these oils

supertech 10w30 (plenty of 5w30)
tropartic 10w30 "
maxlife 10w30 "
QS 10w30 "
mobil ss 10w30 "
havoline 10w30 "
motorcraft 10w30 "
valvoline 10w30 "
rotella 15w40

There is always plenty of castrol,mobil clean 5000 and pennzoil in all weights.It also seems they have the most shelf space.

In my little neck of the woods, it's almost impossible to find Havoline 5w30. I guess people buy a lot of that.

Funny thing is, since I joined BITOG in '05, I've only witnessed two people buying oil. One was at the ghetto AutoZone near my workplace; the guy bought 4 qt's of Coastal ND 30wt. The other was in my hometown AutoZone; that guy bought Mobil Clean 5000 (unknown viscosity)

Around here, they buy:

Castrol
Castrol
Castrol
Castrol
Castrol

and Castrol.

Some of your rednecks still buy 20W50. Most of them get the 10W30.

Ask someone around here what they run in their vehicle and it's "I run that Castrol 10-30".

quote:

Originally posted by beanoil:

quote:

Originally posted by labman:

I notice a lot of folks buying Valvoline in the 5 quart jugs. BTW, Ol Roy dog food is fine. A very good friend works at Nestle-Purina. Ol Roy is repackaged Purina Dog Chow. Same line, same stuff, different bags.

Ol Roy is not made by Purina it is made by Doane Pet Care

quote:

Originally posted by bubbasmouse:

Ol Roy is not made by Purina it is made by Doane Pet Care [/QUOTE]

Maybe on the east coast. I'm sure they have more than one supplier. I heard it used to be purina but not anymore....
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

This was a joke.

People seem to buy more Quaker State dino than anything else followed by Castrol dino. Also, the 5L jugs of Valvoline Synthetic seem to be popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back