What are you working on today?

The guy showed up this morning to pick up his trailer. I see him at the bottom of my driveway going nowhere because the right is steering left and the left is steering right. We got rain overnight and his tires are bald so he's spinning all four (as much as open diffs will).....
20240701_150210.jpg

I gave him a ride home and found he hit this this morning (in his driveway) while looking at his phone.
20240701_085326.jpg

Somehow he made it ~20 miles to my place and the inner tie rod let go in my driveway. I'll get to it this week.

This guy's a mess. Job security......I guess??

Replaced the heater pipe on my 2007 Crv after noticing coolant smell and small puddle. I should’ve done this when I replaced the starter last year since the, intake plenum, throttle body, air box and battery were already out. Pipe had a pin hole leak and was getting very thin. I cut the old one in two so I could remove it from the thermostat housing.

IMG_2227.jpeg

IMG_2226.jpeg

Cut and paste when I have free time - Downloading docs from Toyota Information Services breaks the embedded link targets. Luckily, the link still shows the name of the target doc. I need a reference that associates the document number to the document so I can re-establish the link to a file name (using Adobe Acrobat) I have to open each document, copy and paste the document number on to a spreadsheet.

The process is easy but boring. I'm about 37% complete. There's ~ 4300 total files. I have to avoid the urge to dig deeper when I happen to come across something that looks interesting.

Untitled_268.jpg

Untitled_267.jpg

Loaded trash into the back of the pickup for a landfill run this weekend, including some outdoor carpet that was too heavy to drag/carry. I loaded it with my tractor and the loader bumped into my custom exhaust pipe, and deleted it, along with the muffler, and a small chunk of the exhaust manifold. The tractor sounds MEAN now. Might keep it like this for a little while.

1719964615790.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: D60
1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne, same one as yesterday
Replaced ignition lock cylinder, left front turn signal bulb

2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 inline six
Replaced battery terminals, checked for battery draw (none), changed oil

I'm working at home this week. I've got something to do tomorrow then I'll probably not work Thursday and Friday.

Reactions: D60
2007 Ford Five Hundred 3.0L Duratec/Aisin F21, Complaint of no A/C. This car aggravated me a little:mad:.

Started with jumping the A/C clutch relay.....A/C blows cold with some water across the condenser. Normal operation as the ECM ignores head pressure unless there's an A/C request sent to the ECM (Fans will not come on the relieve head pressure), Screwy engineering....But it is what it is.

Hooked up the scan tool & sure enough....No A/C Request being received. This car has manual A/C, So the control head sends a ground to the Instrument Cluster (IC), The IC then sends a A/C Request to the ECM via the High Speed CAN Bus.

Check for the ground from A/C control head & it checked good....Even checked at the circuit board to rule out connection issues at the IC connector.

The Ford trouble tree specifically states to correct any DTC's present in the ECM & IC......The IC had a U1900 & U1901 which basically means there are missing modules.....This car has a aftermarket radio & the Airbag Module seems to be dead. So I ignored these DTC's as all the other modules would communicate.
Went through the trouble tree & at the end it said replace & program the ECM, I've been doing this long enough to not fall for that one!!

This video helped steer me in the right direction, Even though I didn't have a B2477 Module Configuration Error DTC....The IC DID have wreaking yard paint pin scribbles all over the back.

Fired up the old Forscan & programmed the IC to "as built", A/C now works! But I still have a U1900 & U1901 because the Radio & Airbag Module.
My theory is the IC was from a car with Electronic A/C & didn't recognize the analog input from the Manual A/C control head. I'm sure the missing message from a Electronic A/C control head was one of the reasons for U1900/U1901 DTC's.

Another theory is.....If this was the other way around, The car had Electronic A/C with a IC for Manual A/C.....The IC would think why is this module on the line when it shouldn't be & set a B2477??

Here's the video, I'm not one to rely on the internet to repair vehicles, But there are times when you need a push in the right direction.

Then I got back to a 2002 Express 4L60E build.....Just a base build....I'll finish it up in the morning.
*Vette 2nd Servo
*Blocked & gutted 4th Accumulator
*Hardened GM sun shell
*7 Borg Warner high energy 3-4 frictions using 4L65E Apply & Backing Plates
*Borg Warner double cage forward sprag
*TransGo SK shift kit
*TransGo hardened spacer plate
*Sonnax .490" boost valve
*Sonnax 2-4 Band apply pin
*Durabond bushings throughout, Endplay & clutch clearances blueprinted

nnjYrO2.jpeg

RDOd5by.jpeg

tVHBXGp.jpeg

UC1fWAn.jpeg

DN5Fcg8.jpeg

pbdsWyQ.jpeg

9iSUxJ3.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ I really don't understand why Ford sent so much through the IC during that era. My '07 F150 still has the occasional ghost dome light I've been meaning to address.

Incidentally, without the original cluster how does one obtain the ABD?

I'm dead hahahahhahaha

I came home to the whole wider property not being maintained for 25 days+. Never did that here in the spring before. Never weed whacked the ALL the nasty areas in one day..........mowed, cut vines and branches, used the new 80V emower in some lawn places.

Little sore today!! Hahahahaaha
I did pump class and yoga class back to back..........and now pickleball at 6:30AM

Little sore!!

Back