What are you working on today?

Got tired of moving the 32" TV off the floor, and dancing around it too!
Threw this together today!

tv01.jpg

tv02.jpg

tv03.jpg

tv04.jpg

Today, I'm going to be chasing a weak circuit in our main breaker panel. It's been tripping with moderate loads on it. I have a new breaker switch to install in the main panel and I gotta check all outlets on the circuit for loose connections, burnt wires, loose connections and such.

Did some cleaning around the apartment yesterday since it rained Friday night into yesterday. Took old IPad to electronic scrap place along with 2009 era DELL 1525 laptop. Then watched “flight” movie with Friend from American Legion in his “man cave” while enjoying pizza and Gatorade and water. Noticed his solar panel setup and how efficient it is.

Just finished a heater blower motor and heater core on the Impala. The motor was getting really noisy and the core was 57 years old. It is a horrible job, you need to remove the inner fender to replace the blower motor and access one of the heater core box nuts. Hood is off, outer fender and rad support needed to be loosened off in order to wrangle the inner fender out, battery and battery tray is out. That means a bunch of old delicate trim had to be removed as well. Front right tire is off as well. I will reassemble the sheet metal this week, I have the interior back together. Glove box had to come out as well plus all the heater cables, ducting etc. to remove the heater box. I feel like I had half the car apart. Luckily the car is clean and dry, all the fasteners came off easily, nothing stripped or broke. I went with the OE style brass / copper core from Summit Racing, they carry a great product line in OE style cores and the blower motor is a regular Four Seasons from RockAuto. I have used the aluminum jobber cores, they work but the fit is not great. This OE styled one fit perfect, I was able to use the original core retention clips etc. Everything was tested prior to install and after install. If it leaks in the future before I am dead... I'm not doing it again. I have done these cores / motors pretty much in every vehicle in my signature, same awful job, but I am too old for this now. My body is sore.

Drove across the state on Saturday in the recently refurbished Grand Caravan. On my way to give my estimation of my brother’s Chrysler Town & Country. My Dodge went the 300+ miles flawlessly. As it should. 😁

On the way I noticed a nice, shiny, recently detailed Honda Odyssey minivan on the freeway. It caught my eye with how clean it was until they hit the gas going uphill. Yow! More blue smoke belched out of that tailpipe than a wildfire! Poor guy behind it got momentarily blinded I’m sure. The owner is not keeping up on the right things on it I guess.

My analysis of the Chrysler: oil pressure is nonexistent. I’m thinking a used engine swap, but I promised that I’d drag it home and do a proper evaluation in my home shop with all my tools vs. a cursory analysis in his garage down there.

Towed it 300 miles on a rented UHaul tow dolly. I was going to come all the way back, grab my flat bed trailer and go all the way back but renting it one way made more sense. The dolly was a good option vs the flat bed, but I could have gone either way.

I’m going to offload it this morning and get the dolly back to UHaul locally. I have a direction I’m going in on this that occurred to me this morning: sludged up oil filter? 🤔

Back