What are you working on today?

PXL_20220820_205126778.jpg

Took the Milan for a shake down the highway to assess subframe/alignment damage
It drives fairly straight and true, but the body shop will have the final say
A/C is still cold, and no coolant loss
The ABS pump is no longer in it's original place, but there's no leaks and the brakes work
My body shop used to be open on weekends, but he's stopped that
So I'll have to take a day off work this week and drop it off with the State Farm claim #, so the adjuster can come and adjust
I'm still bitter about this whole thing 😒

New shocks! The 2014 T&C was just not right. The old ones were worn out after years of gravel road abuse. I love shiny new parts!

Attachments

• BB9B9477-67F6-4977-BC42-AADAEA9A1E3D.jpeg
    BB9B9477-67F6-4977-BC42-AADAEA9A1E3D.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CDC1A198-7577-4702-B083-9B2B85B16F96.jpeg
    CDC1A198-7577-4702-B083-9B2B85B16F96.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
2015 Ram 1500 with a failed RF hub. RF hubs are an intergalactic backorder and a used module cant be programmed via normal means. Have to open the original and the replacement and clone the original into a replacement used module View attachment 113404
I see a Pomona SOIC clip, test leads presumably to get to the JTAG/GPIO pins on the RF hub and some kind of EEPROM programmer?

lI see a Pomona SOIC clip, test leads presumably to get to the JTAG/GPIO pins on the RF hub and some kind of EEPROM programmer?
The SOIC clip isnt used for this one, wrong packaging for what I need to do. JTAG connections are not used to do this operation, RF hubs dont have em.

Worked on my fiancé's 94 Cavalier today. Discovered a leaking fuel injector yesterday even though I had recently replaced all of the injector O-rings.
The service manual says to pull the upper intake to do the job correctly, so I did that this time because it's a pain to remove the injectors with it still installed. Installed the new O-rings and pressurized the system before putting the intake back on and #2 injector is still leaking. Pulled it back out and couldn't find anything wrong with the O-ring. Still leaked. I discovered that the body of the injector was actually leaking.

I had a set of used injectors that all had the same part number on them, so I put those in with the new O-rings and no more leak.

Put everything back together with a new upper intake gasket. I had to install new spark plug wires because one of the ends came off when I was removing them to do this repair. Lifetime warranty from 2014 came in handy on those.

Car didn't want to start at first and I thought that maybe the used injectors were junk, but I finally got it running after giving it some pedal as it was cranking. It finally smoothed out and ran well. Took it for a test drive and looked at the injectors again and they were not leaking.

Used some CRC GDI spray cleaner this morning on my kiddos rough running Kia. Boy did the exhaust stink, it smelled like burnt gun powder! Hopefully that means it cleaned something. Heat soaking now then test drive. Later I’m also going to put new spark plugs in it too.

Changed the oil, air filter, gas filter and cleaned the MAF on Focus. On the Escape changed the oil, trans, air filter, gas filter, one COP, PS flush and cleaned the MAF. On the Dakota just changed the oil and the air filter. Tomorrow going to work on the back brakes on the Escape and might do a brake flush and coolant. Change the oil every year but really this is the most I've worked on our cars for 5+ years. The gas filters were good but almost rusted out!

Today was the first oil change in the 2021 Subaru Crosstrek. Almost a year old and only 4800 miles. Out went factory fill. In first went a Fumoto valve, then NAPA full synthetic 0W20 and NAPA Platnium filter. After the oil was changed it ran like new. What a difference.

07 Saturn Ion replaced tensioner and belt (Belt missing)
Replaced both mirrors
Check engine light on (P0440). Noticed cap was lose so I had replacement. Customer declined 100.00 diagnostic fee so no guarantees. IE I now have to charge everyone a diagnostic fee as equipment to diagnose is expensive so even though they are family the fee applies.

07 Saturn Ion replaced tensioner and belt (Belt missing)
Replaced both mirrors
Check engine light on (P0440). Noticed cap was lose so I had replacement. Customer declined 100.00 diagnostic fee so no guarantees. IE I now have to charge everyone a diagnostic fee as equipment to diagnose is expensive so even though they are family the fee applies.
I paid a $1000 for a small laptop and Diacom software to read one code on my boat engine. Few places want to work on I/O and if they do it will not be anytime soon. So need to do more myself.

Monday I turned front rotors and replaced front pads on a 2011 GMC Terrain. Yesterday I replaced a water pump, serpentine belt and thermostat on a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze. Today I've got a 2010 Ford F-150 waiting on me that's had the right front brakes run down so far that the outside pad is gone...gone...rotor is ruined. This thing will likely be getting all new calipers, hoses, rotors and pads on the front. Yee haw.

Training new people lol. But I don’t mind it too much. One of them already got his golf cart privileges taken away cause he has a lead foot on the gas lol. At least these guys have tools. I got rid of the other ones. So far done a few batteries in used Subaru. Had a customer car Jeep towed in with no oil in it that our express had done. They cracked the oil filter housing base so had to replace that and then sent it to our detail department for detailing since oil was everywhere. Management asked me they are like we know you hate Mopar and especially hate working on them but can you please do this for us as we are short on Mopar techs and I figured it would be good to show my boys anyway. And now I’m on lunch. And trying to keep these boys off the tool trucks because they have almost bought the whole truck a few times lol. I know I buy stuff but I also know I’m going to be in this long term and I’ve used all of my tools I’ve bought. I made the one return his Lisle oil filter sockets that he paid $90 for I said dude go to the auto parts store and get that set for way cheaper. Or even online. He is thanking me know for that lol.

Reactions: 4WD
Back