What are you paying for your internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have DSL 12down/.75up bundled with unlimited POTS landline phone. Supposedly, the guaranteed "price for life" is $69.99 per month, but after all their fees/taxes etc the most recent bill was $88.33. I want to keep the landline for fax usage as cell coverage in this area is spotty at best with any carrier other than Verizon. I could possibly get a better deal with the only available alternative (Time Warner), but only for the promotional period. After that, their price increases are way out of line and I just don't want VOIP.

Not sure about just the cost for internet, but I'm switching from Dish & Frontier to Comcast giving me a savings of $60.00 a month with faster speed on the internet and the same programing as Dish PLUS 2 preminum channels for free. Price locked in for 3 years. Installation is free also.

Originally Posted By: stranger706
$40 for 10/1 DSL through Centurylink.

That's interesting. I pay $73 for the same service from the same provider. I have no other options because I live in a rural area.

$15 thru TWC for 2/1 budget internet.

If I keep it up longer than a month, I then qualify for one-year lock-in promo rates for something faster. But the 2/1 actually works okay.

Last edited:
We don't have home internet, or a home phone for that matter. Cable doesn't even exist where we are, and the phone lines won't support DSL. Our only option would be satellite. I have an Android smartphone and the wife has an iPhone, so pretty much all our internet usage is done from our phones. If we need to use the computer, I just open up an app called EasyTether on my phone and connect it to the computer.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm paying $39 per month and my download speed is only 1.3 MBPS through AT&T. How about you?

I have the same plan.

About $24/mo for 6Mb down from AT&T.

I suggest the next time you call At&t, ask for their customer retention dept., when connected ask for their direct number and call only them from then on. Tell them you're looking for a better deal or any discounts to lower your monthly rate. If you're told nothing better is avail., say thanks and hang up. Call that same number back. Odds are you'll get another call center and someone who can offer you a better deal.

I rarely have to call back. AT&T makes it a game, so learn to play it well and save yourself some $$$.

My TWC bundle all in is $144/mo. Basic digital cable, DVR, home phone and internet. I'd save ~$10/mo if I scrapped the DVR. I guess that would make my internet alone about $45/mo.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
About $24/mo for 6Mb down from AT&T.

I suggest the next time you call At&t, ask for their customer retention dept., when connected ask for their direct number and call only them from then on. Tell them you're looking for a better deal or any discounts to lower your monthly rate. If you're told nothing better is avail., say thanks and hang up. Call that same number back. Odds are you'll get another call center and someone who can offer you a better deal.

I rarely have to call back. AT&T makes it a game, so learn to play it well and save yourself some $$$.

Yes, I don't even bother with the CSR's any more. I just call and ask for the customer retention department. They just forward me on. That's where you go to work. You're wasting time talking about bill reductions with CSR's and I think they're happy they don't have to listen to you about something they can't do for you anyway.

46 month for ATT DSL Elite. Called to negotiate and got uverse Elite for $31. be sure to call and negotiate it really works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back