What are you doing right now?

Dropping my mom off at her archery club practice. She is one of the coaches. Then me and dad going to work on his truck and do some things to it. Then probably go shopping later.

Installed further "stuff" on my shallow well water system. Wow have I added to system where the previous idiots just drank the water and ignored hard deposits and put up with the H2S stank, etc

So initially: Oxidation of sulfur compounds via air/resin bed. Flushed (now every 4 days, seems right after trying two days and maybe 5-7 days too long)
Then: Water softener using KCl v NaCl
Ran like this but water just wasn't right and wife would get a stommy ache. (We even ran a little experiment with bottled water, yep, she not lying). Bacteria tests were hit and miss. Sometimes yes and no. Means yes to me.

So yesterday in went the whole house VIQUA UV treatment post both above tanks.
And undersink Solo Axeon RO to replace the store bought Aquasana system (have my doubts).

Install was relatively easy.

WOW the water is absolutely tasty pure. I was actually the most surprised!

We did a four person blind taste test vs. Kirkland bottled water. Well water won all four.

I'm done adding dollars! Next idiot gets sweet water too.
DD660DBC-63EF-441C-B9BB-3EA7323E99B3.jpeg

Looking at beer videos my friend sent me lol 😂. They honestly kind of interest me with the history of some of them. My list of ones I want to try is getting longer lol. I have tried a few different drinks for those wondering (legally with my parents permission which is allowed in Virginia).

Gonna finish my coffee and go do round #2 of shoveling snow.
So we lost power sometime Sat morning; didn't get it back until Sat night. But not until after we got some emails stating to expect power back... Monday night.

!

Thankfully it came back Sat night, but I've spent today shopping for invertors. Darned if I will go another full day without being able to get my daily (hourly?) BITOG fix.

Watching The Polar Express because mom wanted to lol. Typically I don’t watch tv but I love Christmas movies and music. Has anyone seen like Rudolph or Frosty on? I haven’t this year and it’s kind of strange. Haven’t seen any Christmas movies in so long lol. It’s nice for a change.

I’m already planning for vacation next year lol. Seeing if any baseball teams minor or major have released their schedules yet cause for my birthday I’d love to go to a baseball game somewhere other than our no good home team that has very unfriendly and unwelcoming staff. Since I decided to carryover all my PTO from this year to next year I will probably have enough for a decent amount of time off which I will use for my advantage because it’s much much needed. I typically get about 40 hours by June and I’m carrying over the 40 remaining I have from this year. You can only carryover up to 80 so if I go over that in 2023 I plan to use a lot of it and then what’s remaining over 80 I’ll take the cash for. I love my job but I need some time off eventually. Hopefully my parents can get some time off too. Would also love to go to some junkyards around different places too. My idea of a vacation is much different than some I’m sure haha.

I’m chilling out on my lunch break. Will be so glad for Saturday and Christmas lol. We have been so slow at work this week and I’m sure we will be next week too. I’m ready to kick back, relax, have a beer and put this year in the books too. It’s been a good year just ready for 2023. Seems here lately time has done nothing but drag on. My work boys gave everyone beer and fireball shots for Christmas so I’m glad to try some new stuff lol. I’ve had beer before just not the two kinds they gave me which is Dogfish Head Seaquench Ale and 2 cans Michelob Ultra along with the fireball shot. I brought all of it home and my parents are like dang we thought you asked if they could give you one not three and liquor lol 😂. We will see if any of it replaces my favorite which so far is Coors Light and Corona. I’ve kind of became a beer enthusiast here lately lol 😂. My parents won’t drink any of it cause they don’t want to but I’ll drink it just not all at once. As long as it ain’t that nasty Bud Light stuff haha.

Back