What are these bugs in my house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a tiny little bug with a bunch of kit to legs that crawl around without a care in the world. The other is some kind of cotton Cacoon that a worm like thing eventually crawls out of then turns into some kind of moth that flys around.

20190809_215504.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have switched from demon to onslaught. It dries clear on dark surfaces, and does not clog my sprayer nozzle.

I rotate Talstar P and Demand CS inside, and Termidor outside. Bug genocide. Just started learning about this stuff as my new house had an ant infestation and the "professional" exterminator was a joke. So I bought a sprayer and the professional (non big box store) insecticides, and have been going to town on the bugs. Very easy to do and saves a lot of money over the "professional" clowns that are just there to get a paycheck and do a half a** job.

That cocoon thing looks sorta like a silverfish embryo from here. They are pretty common but they can get out of hand quick if you dont spray and knock them down.

I'm still using Bifen IT. Cheap, but still works. Bought that bottle 6 years ago and I'm still not through it.

Almost killed by " safe" bug spray years ago. Bonide (DOW) chlorpyrifos

A nerve agent.

I say NO! to nasty chemicals - the State isn't watching over your safety.

I took the vacuum and vacuumed them all off the wall. The other bugs i think were living in a box of cereal so I threw that box out.

Originally Posted by Little_Lebowski
Looks like a Booger
lol.gif

It's so small the camera doesn't know what to focus on.

If you found them in a box of cereal you likely have an Indian meal moth aka pantry moth infestation. You can buy pheromone traps on Amazon to attract the males and interrupt the mating process. Check any dry goods made from grains as they use it as a food source. I had some hitch a ride in my house in a container of bird seed once. I shop vac'd every one I could find and finally got rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back