What about Continental LX-25? $220 rebate ends 8/31

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
On 8/31 a very nice rebate ends. The rebate lets me obtain these for $605 installed with no interest for 6 months. Reviews are very solid in all categories. Anyone here have the "real" good, bad and the ugly from using them.

I've had the LX25 in size 235/55/19 on wife's Q5 for over 2 years and 23K miles now. Very happy with them. Comfortable and quiet. Not sure about their snow/winter capabilities as I have a second set of winter tires for that.

On 8/31 a very nice rebate ends. The rebate lets me obtain these for $605 installed with no interest for 6 months. Reviews are very solid in all categories. Anyone here have the "real" good, bad and the ugly from using them.
I'm on my second set of them, and I am very happy with them.

I had a set on my 2013 Kia Sorento, traded it in with something like 15-20k miles on the tires, and they were performing and wearing wonderfully. Great in the typical amounts of snow I typically experience in STL, which are likely similar to where you're living. Also did great with wet conditions.

The previous set on the Sorento was the Continental Crosscontact LX20s that I swapped out at around 4/32nds. (I change at 4/32nds because when it rains in STL it tends to RAIN.)

I put another set on my CX5 and have been similarly pleased with their performance. Have about 4k miles on them.

In both cases, I've opted for the V-rated versions of the tire (available in my required size) since the cost difference was either non-existant or something like $3/tire.

Solid all-season tires in my opinion.

What vehicle will you be using the LX 25 on?
The Maverick Hybrid. My reasons for consideration include that it is a Low Rolling Resistance tire. Noise blocking technology. Great reviews everywhere. Built in wear indicators and alignments marks. 740 A A UTOG rating. I will be getting the H rated version. Also has some winter tire features. At $150 each installed, my gut says hell yes.

I have them on my Tucson. Good in every respect, but.. KEEP THEM BALANCED! I rotated every 5K. Took to the dealer for one of my services and they didn't balance the tire right, and on the back I didn't notice it until next rotation. Now they have the howl. Other than that, which I don't blame on the tire, they are a well made, quiet tire with excellent wet and dry traction, and smooth ride. I cannot give you snow performance, as it barely snows here in Arkansastan.

Not the same tire, but I have 2 sets of the LX20’s that perform very well. I would not hesitate for a second to purchase the LX25’s

Have had set on 2019 Equinox for about 1.5 months. My initial impressions of them are positive.

I got the $220.00 rebate this spring on a set of Continentals. Heck of a deal. I did in fact use that rebate credit card today for a meal out with the wife.
You do not have to go through Tire Rack. I got mine by applying on line for the credit card. Had approval in minutes and they emailed me a copy of my new credit card. The next day I went to my tire dealer and bought a set. It took about 5-6 weeks for my rebate credit card to show up.
Again great deal.

I was ready to purchase these LX25 tires and was in my shopping cart but I held off after reading reviews from the continental tire.com site sorting through recent reviews. $110 is nice and maybe lost a good deal overall but will now wait to replace the dreaded Firestone FR710 that served me well when my inspection sticker expires in 3 months.

Installed about 10000 miles ago on the MDX. Solid choice, I have nothing bad to say about them. Snow performance is good, I use these year round with no issues. They are also one of the best looking tires IMO.

I got the $220.00 rebate this spring on a set of Continentals. Heck of a deal. I did in fact use that rebate credit card today for a meal out with the wife.
You do not have to go through Tire Rack. I got mine by applying on line for the credit card. Had approval in minutes and they emailed me a copy of my new credit card. The next day I went to my tire dealer and bought a set. It took about 5-6 weeks for my rebate credit card to show up.
Again great deal.
My experience with Continental's rebate (positive):

Purchased DWS06+ (set of 4), rebate valid 6/1-6/30/23. Purchased 10:30PM 6/30 from DiscountTireDirect. Invoice date 7/3/23, received tires 7/5. Installed 7/10/23. Submitted rebate info online 7/10/23, received rebate card 7/31/23 (exactly 3 weeks). $110 because I didn't apply/use the credit card portion.

I was concerned whether they'd give me gruff due to the invoice date and install date being after 6/30, but they did not.

Don't forget to sign up and register your tires through their Total Confidence plan. They'll cover towing for flats, replace tires for any reason (even if you just don't like how they look) for a year, and it's free. Great benefit, imho, and may help you justify the cost over a lower tier tire, even if you never actually use the coverage. Haha

Oh, and the tires are great, too. 😆

ETA: I am in no way affiliated with Continental or DT/DTD. Lol

Went ahead and ordered the H Rated LX-25. Very helpful phone associate named Mason. Helpful and answered all my questions about the rebates. Their online invoices now have a direct link to the Continental Rebate Dept. Today the Tire Rack Website was in a endless loop and wouldn't take orders. Sorta glad it was down as the personal attention received was welcomed. Will probably install on Friday or Saturday.

Back