What a used 2022 full sized basic Chevrolet pickup retails for at a Chevrolet dealership in Chandler Arizona

Wonder what equipment exactly is on them, because i bet you could order a new one and MSRP is not going to be much more than that...
stickerchev.jpg

That's more than MSRP on a new one, but I am sure you can't buy a stripper new one and the dealer will add to it anyway.

A 6 year old one is still $25K.

Something like this will be my next truck if I do ever buy a next truck. Back to 8 foot bed and regular cab now that the kids are grown up.

theres a 2020 with around 50k close to me for $25k. If i needed a truck that is what I would look at.

We often hear stripped down full size 2wd pickups are hard to come by..I saw two 2022 used Chevrolet regular cab full size pick ups for sale at the Chandler Arizona chevrolet dealer. I could not determine the mileage, but I suspect very low mileage.

Looks.like retail used is 38k, and if my interpretation is correct, these used trucks have a mandatory dealer option package raises the price to 42k. Of course, one may be able to negotiate the price, I have no idea. But late summer in Phoenix might be the time to get a deal.

View attachment 173888View attachment 173889View attachment 173890View attachment 173891
do not buy

We’re not in the market, but the entrance to a YMCA is through a Chevy dealer. I have never seen more than qty 1 Tahoe on the lot in over a year. I can’t imagine what they get for them.

I bet by the time I can get one they are no longer made. I’m thinking F it, GM reliability and poor dealership service, just get an Escalade and be happy. If only it were that simple…

They're out of the UHaul fleet. On the Carfax, it is a one owner low mileage rental out of Phoenix... that is what gives it away.

UHaul's HQ is in Phoenix, all vehicles are AZ plated.
I’m just curious why Uhaul would be getting rid of them with low miles like that. Seems like any rental truck I have ever driven they keep til the wheels are about to fall off.

I’m just curious why Uhaul would be getting rid of them with low miles like that. Seems like any rental truck I have ever driven they keep til the wheels are about to fall off.

As it was explained to me (when I wanted to rent a UHaul pickup from New York to Illinois) the pickup trucks and small vans are handed differently than the big moving trucks. The individual UHaul franchisees lease the pickups and small vans from UHaul corporate. That's why pickups and small vans can't be rented for long distances one-way, and have to go back to the location that they are rented from. (Remember that franchisees could have multiple locations in the same area, that could allow some flexibility in rental and return locations.)

A franchisee here in Illinois rented a pickup truck to a customer, who drove it to Ohio and "returned it" (abandoned it) at a UHaul dealer there, even though the customer was told that it had to be returned back where it was rented. The IL franchisee was losing money on that pickup, every day that it sat in Ohio and couldn't be rented.

The big moving trucks are owned by corporate, and can go anywhere.

It appears to be the same strategy as what rental cars used to be, pre-pandemic. Rent them for 10,000-15,000 miles, take them out of service, then release them to the auto auctions. UHaul has done it this way for years. Clearly GM, Dodge and Ford don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
It appears to be the same strategy as what rental cars used to be, pre-pandemic. Rent them for 10,000-15,000 miles, take them out of service, then release them to the auto auctions. UHaul has done it this way for years. Clearly GM, Dodge and Ford don't have a problem with it.
Wonder if Uhaul has some sort of standing order, allocation, contract, to get X number of new 3/4 ton pickups every year with the stripped option package. They could be money ahead flipping them in today's climate!

Dealers are like banks and "the house", they always win.

Used car dealers have the advantage right now. If you want it now, and can't buy it new (not without waiting)...

Link. I don't understand the difference between online shoppers and walk-ins... other than, walk-ins are more likely to buy on impulse, and spend more? whereas online buyers are more savy on price? don't worry, our F&I guy is good at fixing the deal.

1692576301147.jpg

Well, at least the loan's interest rate will be 7% for those with good credit.

If $40K is financed, that's a lowly $958 per month for a used, base model truck.

Maybe consider the 4 cylinder version, you'll save $0 on gas, but at least $40 on your payment and have lower resale too.

Wonder if Uhaul has some sort of standing order, allocation, contract, to get X number of new 3/4 ton pickups every year with the stripped option package. They could be money ahead flipping them in today's climate!
They're typically half tons, equipped the same way, with a few options included. Chevy has been getting most of the pickup business for the past few years, but there were a few Ram Classic 3.6's sprinkled in as well.

That said, I have seen a base model Ford Maverick in UHaul livery.

Back