WFH- Work From Hooters

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Saw this and had to stop a take a picture. Guess Hooters has installed free wifi.....

Can imagine the zoom/ teams video conference calls with Hooters in the background.

PXL_20210811_114843399.jpg

And how were the wings?
Funny, Hooters is a banned place for residents of our home (me) by my Wife.

Yet- I find Hooters a above average place to get a high protein predictable meal. One pound of steamed shrimp, a nice cold beer. Open late. For road warriors on a tiring schedule- a hard to beat place.

And how were the wings?
Astro, the wings at Hooters are about average, at best. It's the women that serve them that makes one think they are good.
This place has the BEST chicken wings I have ever eaten. They were about 2 miles from my house when I lived in FL.

I went there once back in college with a friend. Waste of time. The food was awful and our waitress was a late 40 something who clearly smoked a few packs a day for a few years. I don't really get the hype, but then again I work on a college campus. ;)

RIP to the Hooters BUILDING in Hackensack, NJ.
25% of the address was home to a "Firewaters" pub. There were only 2 of the Delaware based operations IIRC.
A pub boasting 60 taps and a several large fridges for bottles needed more space and parking.
They'd put out above average pub food on a free buffet....all from the shared kitchen. It was a beehive in it's own way.

The Hooters occupied the remaining 3/4. They had a consistent, high proportion of family traffic.

The property's on a state highway and immediately north of Bergen County Academies (the reimagined Bergen Tech High School). It'll be very interesting to see what's built there.

No prude here but the areola owl eyes logo is needlessly crass.

Brought my mom and dad there once just for laugh and giggle. We are all very disappointed of the wings and the waitresses. Maybe back then before inflation and wings were soup stock cheap they could afford better chefs and waitresses.

To be fair they probably pay too little for the waitress and the chefs, maybe the customer base couldn't afford to pay more and that's why.

Funny, Hooters is a banned place for residents of our home (me) by my Wife.

Yet- I find Hooters a above average place to get a high protein predictable meal. One pound of steamed shrimp, a nice cold beer. Open late. For road warriors on a tiring schedule- a hard to beat place.
Same story here. We have a local knock off called Show Me’s (Missouri is the Show Me State) that runs a similar playbook.

Also discouraged, but not banned from going.

Attachments

• AE709645-8FDE-43B1-86DD-12E94072CDD3.jpeg
    AE709645-8FDE-43B1-86DD-12E94072CDD3.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: GON
I don't much "work" would get done if doing it from Hoothers. 👀

Back