Wet shaving with a DE "safety razor".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see?

Shaver Cost new $10.00 shipping encl.
Brush Cost New $ 2.50 shipping encl.
Blades Cost New $20.00 shipping encl, 500 each
Soap Cost New $35.00 shipping $5.00

Haven't purchased anything for over 5 years, and I don't spend $17 bucks a month either.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Lets see?

Shaver Cost new $10.00 shipping encl.
Brush Cost New $ 2.50 shipping encl.
Blades Cost New $20.00 shipping encl, 500 each
Soap Cost New $35.00 shipping $5.00

Haven't purchased anything for over 5 years, and I don't spend $17 bucks a month either.

Still gives someone that's new to it a way to figure out what they like.
Smells get old to me after awhile, I went from Pinaud Bay Rum to Lilac Vegetal not that long ago.
I find that the new brush every so often, the plethora of soaps out there, the many blades, and aftershaves is more of an adventure.

to each his own. I have blades I know will work as backup incase I don't like the blades I get for the month, but again I can still justify spending 17$ a month for a year for the box.

a lot of the soaps and aftershaves are small town nowhere made, and are actually really good stuff, and the company has always been quick responding on emails about where to buy the individual products you like.

so yeah. I know someone who will drive to Austin just to visit art of shaving and spend 200-300$ every three months, then I let him try some stuff I got from wetshaveclub, he has dumped the art of shaving mess because he has gotten better shaves from the 17$/month stuff.

I have accumulated 8 safety razors, closed comb, open comb, heavy, light, butterfly style, screw style, American, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Afghan, Israeli, Polish, and Egyptian.
all have different feels, all have different weights, and every couple of weeks I change it up. None were more than 30$, some were free, I find shaving to be something a man can splurge on (like tools for example).

anyway, 17$ month is pretty good, Safety Razor shaving can be cheaper than other methods, but it can also be just as expensive or more expensive as well. Ive seen Safety Razors range from 10$ - 500$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back