Went to the Jimmy Carter Library over the weekend.

So Good ol' Jimmy turned 99 Sunday, yet they moved the celebration to Saturday because they thought that they might shut down the government (which they didn't as usual). Got in for 99 cents! Here are 2 pictures I took, should have taken more.

Things I learned:
Nothing has changed since the 60's - Jimmy fought the same issues we are fighting today, such as:
1. Russia will nuke the world
2. People should wear coats and not heat their homes
3. Solar panel roof propaganda
4. China China China
5. Election fraud (seriously)

Proof in pictures.

The matrix is real.

Attachments

• PXL_20230930_174644549.jpg
    PXL_20230930_174644549.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:
The LBJ Library was an informative visit, they had several artifacts and obviously Vietnam history. It was impressive. I want to visit again because my memory can be poor, and visit other prez libraries.

This Wikipedia quote sums up my thoughts and I hope that others share this: "The Independent wrote, "Carter is widely considered a better man than he was a president."[479] Although his presidency received a mixed reception, his peacekeeping and humanitarian efforts since he left office have made Carter renowned as one of the most successful ex-presidents in American history.[487][488]

Last edited:
Jimmy Carter's presidency was somewhat dragged down by a family member, in his case, it was his brother Billy who was always making the news (Anybody here remember "Billy" beer? A quick Wiki search on his brother Billy would explain a lot)
I doubt that history would ever repeat itself.....

Jimmy Carter's presidency was somewhat dragged down by a family member, in his case, it was his brother Billy who was always making the news (Anybody here remember "Billy" beer? A quick Wiki search on his brother Billy would explain a lot)
imagine what JC's Presidency would be have appeared if there was an internet and social media.?
I'll say one thing, the innocence is gone ..

Carter is highly intelligent. Carter is a good person you could have excellent conversations with even while potentially disagreeing completely with his position. Carter was a mediocre president overall. But at least he didn't actively try to destroy the nation from within. Wish we had him back now.

My Mother thought Jimmy Carter was going to be the savior that the country needed . Mom was also a letter writer . If she saw something on TV or read something in the newspaper that she thought she needed to comment on she would write that person a letter . During Carter's campaign she wrote him a very heartfelt letter about her support for him and how she believed in him , blah , blah. Immediately after the election , she received a package in the mail from his staff that contained two tickets to the reviewing stand at the Swearing in and Inaugural Parade . two tickets to one of the Inaugural Balls and some other swag that I can't remember. Mom went to DC and had a good time.

I have a few cans of Billy Beer.

I have a few cans of Billy Beer.
I have one too..... But it's been empty for many years. My dad was Billy Carter for a Halloween event he went to. It was the easiest costume ever: plastic cowboy hat, checkered shirt, bolo tie and the Billy beer can. He looked EXACTLY like Billy!

Among his many accomplishments, he was also on a Naval nuke engineer and did some very heroic things; he was no idiot.
I agree; most of his accomplishments came outside the Office. His humanitarian efforts are rightfully legendary.

HBD Mr. President.

I remember an interview where he stated that he wanted to go to the Naval Academy because his family was relatively poor and it was free. Well - I think there was also a stipend.

Among his many accomplishments, he was also on a Naval nuke engineer and did some very heroic things; he was no idiot.
I agree; most of his accomplishments came outside the Office. His humanitarian efforts are rightfully legendary.

HBD Mr. President.
President Carter finished in the top ten (not ten percent) of his Naval Nuke Engineer class. That in itself is simply mind blowing/ incredible.

President Carter also Carter graduated 60th out of 821 midshipmen in the class of 1947 from Annapolis.

Politics is a very crafty endeavor. People with high morals, values, and standards regardless of how hard they work and how dedicated they are to the "cause", may not match well with politics. It should be noted that President Carter took the least number of days off of any president in modern US history.

One thing I learned as I grew older is that what we believe in and understand has a lot not to do with the actual things but how others tell us. In JC's day would have been the media and today would be the internet.

If someone told you a prostitute was studying in medical school to be a doctor, you would call her motivated instead of dirty. If someone told you a medical school student was prostituting for money, you would call her dirty instead of motivated.

Would JC be a better president if he has the support of other power brokers at his time? Who knows. One thing I know is that with leadership as the world's most powerful nation at the time, he probably didn't have what it took to make deals with others who had a lot of power. Maybe what he wanted to do and what he did was the right thing, but that doesn't mean it could be done at the time.

Maybe another unpopular president recently was the same, maybe I didn't vote for him and I hated him, but I had to admit some of his analogy was right and what he brokered was a good thing, but we all want warm fuzzy feeling instead of eating our vegetable first. There's nothing new under the sun.

Back