We'll Never Get Over the Battle of Macho Grande

Great movie!
I watched a little Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2 last night, there are more than a few similarities, though not meant to be funny.

"This woman has to be gotten to a hospital!"
"A hospital? What is it?"
"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important now."

So many quotable lines in that movie. I never get tired of it.

I don't know if the writers from Police Squad were involved but airplane has similar humor. Definitely a classic

The original Airplane! preceded Police Squad. However, the sequel was a product of the studio, which held the rights but didn't get the cooperation of the original team. For Police Squad, certainly the production team was involved, but not necessarily the same writers (who were the writing team for Airplane!). Police Squad had a writing staff.

I guess it would be like the Dos Equis commercials with "The Most Interesting Man in the World". They had a room full of people at the ad agency who came up with things he might have done.

The original Airplane! preceded Police Squad. However, the sequel was a product of the studio, which held the rights but didn't get the cooperation of the original team. For Police Squad, certainly the production team was involved, but not necessarily the same writers (who were the writing team for Airplane!). Police Squad had a writing staff.

I guess it would be like the Dos Equis commercials with "The Most Interesting Man in the World". They had a room full of people at the ad agency who came up with things he might have done.

Abrahams and the Zucker bros. were the original team behind it all. They also did Top Secret! with Val Kilmer. I think they split and one of the guys was behind the Top Gun parody Hot Shots!

"Do you want me to check the weather, Clarence?... No, why don't you take care of it."

"Listen kid, I've been listening to that crap ever since I got out of UCLA. Let's see your old man drag Walton up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

Back