Well I've been a bad boy and didn't even know it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a fram (sorry) HP1 filter on my 383 LT1. The more I read (go figure) the more I see I have been living in a fog of missconceptions sp?. Any suggestions, I'll be changing to 5w40 redline from 15w50 royal purple...help I R Pilot, Not oil filter expert...
pat.gif

What ever you want to run, most any filter will fit the need...even a Fram.

I like Wix/Napa Gold myself. I also like high end champ lab filters such as Mobil 1s, and K&N. Amsoil EOAs are nice filters as well.

Champ in various brands offer an HP1 or version of it.

Motocraft has an FL1HP

They're for racing ,too...
tongue.gif

Mel, what badges (we don't need no stinkin' batchges) do the Champ racing filters sell under?

The pureone is probably the best filter for the price. The Bosch premium filters are pretty good too, though they have slightly less filtering ability from what Ive heard.

The HP1 from Champ should be offered in the Champ and Luberfiner brands.

I suspect it's available in others.

Champ does build STP racing filters, Motocraft, and Mobil 1...that i remember.

The tech hotline would know...
wink.gif

I may be alittle of on the part number, I was thinking about it and it may be a PH1 or PH4 Or HP4, I cant really remember now, but sounds like I should go with either the purilator or napa gold either way.

quote:

Originally posted by 93z383lt1:
I may be alittle of on the part number, I was thinking about it and it may be a PH1 or PH4 Or HP4, I cant really remember now, but sounds like I should go with either the purilator or napa gold either way.

Those are good, I'm actually fond of genuine AC Delco myself, even use them on a Toyota and a SAAB
tongue.gif
. Basically anything is better than Fram for equal money. The only thing really wrong with fram's is that they're overpriced for what the are, they work well enough.

SIDE NOTE: 383 is a stroker right? drag racer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back