Weird sound

Hello all.
2012 Hyundai Genesis 119,xxx miles.

There is a weird sound that I hear when the engine's RPMs start to decrease. For example, in my parking garage at work, with the windows down, when I'm climbing up an incline and I hit the top and the RPMs come down, I can hear the sound. I can hear it well in the parking garage because is kind enclosed (walls and cars near me).

Here is the link to the youtube video. You can hear a staticky sound that lasts a split second when the RPMs start to decline (I revved it to about 2500 RPMs). Please let me know what you think it might be.

Hello all.
2012 Hyundai Genesis 119,xxx miles.

There is a weird sound that I hear when the engine's RPMs start to decrease. For example, in my parking garage at work, with the windows down, when I'm climbing up an incline and I hit the top and the RPMs come down, I can hear the sound. I can hear it well in the parking garage because is kind enclosed (walls and cars near me).

Here is the link to the youtube video. You can hear a staticky sound that lasts a split second when the RPMs start to decline (I revved it to about 2500 RPMs). Please let me know what you think it might be.

Is it a turbo? Sounds like a blow off valve.

I doubt its the muffler because it's coming from the engine bay. I could be wrong through.

Tensioner is interesting. Could it possibly be the idler?
Sure. If you can remove the Belt(s) and then try it you’ll be isolating accessories, idlers, and tensioners. Fire it up without the belt and see.

Back