Weird private-label tire names

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
You need to reread the thread.

Thread? dude, this has been since post 5068565 by Kibitoshin, not the entire thread. Why do I need to re-read the thread when your response, which was directed at my reply to that specific post, is where you started going off
21.gif

I have defended nothing. I have simply asked whether you have proof (of any sort) for YOUR claims? (You, of course, do not.)

Again, I was make a crack at the (pun intended) crack in the Chineseum wheel/tire combo. In case you have managed to get lost, this was the post:

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
That brodozer with its baby brakes broke its chinesium wheel running chinesium rubber. Quality all around!

- It's a lifted truck = brodozer
- It has baby brakes
- Those are Chinese tires, they clearly say so on the sidewall
- The odds are those are Chinese aluminum wheels, given the cheap tires.
- The wheel is obviously broken

What "claims" regarding the above observations necessitate a burden of proof? Be specific, the integrity of the Chineseum discount wheel association depends on your ability to defend its honour
smirk.gif

OK, one more time: YOU made the claim. Therefore, it is on YOU to back it up!

I made a crack/joke/dig, see above. There's zero requirement for me to back up anything and I'm not the one approaching aortic rupture here pretending I'm not defending anything while vividly defending something by demanding proof.

Deflection, not even a good one. 2/10.

Awww, muffin. And yes, that's a patronizing tone, in case you missed that one too.

And note: you have no idea what the wheel was.

And neither do you, stud
wink.gif

No, I do: you make wild assertions, unproven claims, all sorts of unfounded accusations...and act surprised when someone calls you on them.

Naw, you make wildly gesturing calls for "proof" because somebody made a comment you don't like. Then you get all worked up because that person refuses to accommodate your foolish demands.

Found a complete wheel/tire combo featuring these wheels (not with red milling, though I'm sure it is available) and a slightly different set of Chinese tires for $2,200.00.
[Linked Image]

They are 24" replica snowflake wheels, so there's about a 99.9% chance they are made in China.

I leave for a bit and people are getting serious about making fun/having a crack (LOL) at on some failed wheels. It's rubbish cast wheels probably being sold at a rent-a-wheel or "performance" shop place, not an OEM wheel for its intended application (off-roading, heavy loads, etc) which could speak about it's quality.

And no one knows what the wheel is, even with the pic OVERKILL searched up, which means its no name, white box, Chinese foundry cast garbage. No JWL safety certification logo? No GM, Accuride, ALCOA or brand marking? GARBAGE!

Last edited:
Well on the other end of the spectrum I was at the Hyundai dealer last week and they had a loaded Santa Fe Sport I think it was. That had black BBS wheels on it. I think it came with them since there wasn't an additional charge for them next to the msrp. They did list an additional charge for nitrogen air in the tires, $50 which was kind of funny.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Found a complete wheel/tire combo featuring these wheels (not with red milling, though I'm sure it is available) and a slightly different set of Chinese tires for $2,200.00.
[Linked Image]

They are 24" replica snowflake wheels, so there's about a 99.9% chance they are made in China.

So are the wheels on my Caddy...and, I suspect, the vast majority of aftermarket wheels. (In fact, I recall some factory wheels are from China.)

Originally Posted by Kibitoshin
I leave for a bit and people are getting serious about making fun/having a crack (LOL) at on some failed wheels. It's rubbish cast wheels probably being sold at a rent-a-wheel or "performance" shop place, not an OEM wheel for its intended application (off-roading, heavy loads, etc) which could speak about it's quality.

And no one knows what the wheel is, even with the pic OVERKILL searched up, which means its no name, white box, Chinese foundry cast garbage. No JWL safety certification logo? No GM, Accuride, ALCOA or brand marking? GARBAGE!

I recall my Torq-Thrusts were cast in a Chinese foundry. IIRC, the only markings on them were DOT stamps, American Racing, and "MADE IN CHINA" stickers.

So are the wheels on my Caddy...and, I suspect, the vast majority of aftermarket wheels. (In fact, I recall some factory wheels are from China.)

OK, so are the wheels on your Caddy no-name units like these appear to be?

While I'm not a fan of items being off-shored to China, it's quite possible for quality products to be made there. Where things appear to go into the weeds is when somebody there rips off a design/product and manufactures a clone without maintaining the level of QC that's typically imposed by well-known organizations that adhere to the standards.

A few examples would be the iPhone clones, the Samsung phone clones, Cisco gear clones. None of those items is manufactured as well as the item it is intended to look like, despite having the same country of origin.

Even something as basic as the Apple phone cables, there is a huge difference in quality between the OEM ones and some even more robust designs from well-known cable manufacturers, pretty much all made in China, when compared to the Dollarama specials that last 48 hours before the end snaps off or it simply stops working, which are also made there.

The winter wheels on my Jeep are replicas. The choice was easy because they were 1/10th the price of my OE ones, which I didn't want to be swapping the tires on or banging up. They are DOT approved and sold through my dealer, so I'm reasonably confident that they aren't going to catastrophically fail on me like the seemingly questionable ones in the picture that I was taking shots at.

Wheels are American Racing Torq-Thrusts. I only found one company still making wheels here (Weld), and they didn't have any designs I liked in 17".

Only wheels I ever saw actually fail structurally were NOT made in China.

Wheels are American Racing Torq-Thrusts. I only found one company still making wheels here (Weld), and they didn't have any designs I liked in 17".

Only wheels I ever saw actually fail structurally were NOT made in China.

Well, American Racing is a well regarded company (even if the product is made in China) and I'd assume they have sufficient QC and the appropriate approvals for any concern about quality to be misplaced. It's the off-brand (no-name) stuff that's the worry. Last set of Weld's I owned were Draglites
grin.gif

I have an "ironman" purchased in an emergency after a blow out and they had no other brand in my size. Can't complain, it does the job so far.

Double coin on a few semis. They're a Chinese brand. Not sure I'd risk it on a $200,000 rig.

Forceum is the name that stands out for me. It's also easy to misread as Forecum. ;)

From the official website:
" Made in Indonesia since 1996, Forceum has established itself as a formidable force in the tire industry with a presence in over 90 countries. "

Forceum is the name that stands out for me. It's also easy to misread as Forecum. ;)

From the official website:
" Made in Indonesia since 1996, Forceum has established itself as a formidable force in the tire industry with a presence in over 90 countries. "
I think they're pretty popular. I see them on bigger bling wheels on trucks with mud tires.

Arizonian Tires were a new one i saw on a Co-workers car. Also had Made in the USA on the sidewall. SOme other offhand tires i have seen are Ohtsu, Fierce, and GT Radial

Arizonian Tires were a new one i saw on a Co-workers car. Also had Made in the USA on the sidewall. SOme other offhand tires i have seen are Ohtsu, Fierce, and GT Radial

GT tires is a big company-
GT Radial tires are manufactured by Giti Tire. ... Giti Tire operates eight manufacturing plants and produces a broad range of tire products, serving major original equipment vehicle manufacturers, auto service outlets, tire dealers and consumers in more than 130 countries worldwide.

Just because they are not popular here doesn't mean they are made in some backyard in a foreign country.

Back