Wegmans Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Delta Sonic out your way?

They upped their "big" sub from 12 to 14''. and the small one went up considerably.

They are good as well.

Yes I do. Do yours have the Brick Oven little restaurant as well?

I concur, those are good.

Yeah. The one by my work has the Brick Oven. Not sure about the one on Erie Blvd.

I work right down the street from one of the Delta Sonics so I will occasionally head there on a Friday for a sub and to get cheap-ish gas (Sams club hasn't had power to their gas station for a while).

They are good, you get a lot for your money, but they don't have the variety of Wegmans.

My company caters Wegmans subs a lot when we have department events, lunch and learns, etc. Have never walked in and bought one.

Man! I miss Wegmans. I grew up out in Pittsford and Penfield. We don't have Wegmans up here in the Plattsburgh area.
I remember seeing Danny Wegman driving down East Ave in his Testarossa past our elementary school window.

Last edited:
I freekin love Wegmans. I stop at the one in Dewitt to stock up on beer and get some sushi and a sub for the road when I'm down that way.

Originally Posted By: salv
Man! I miss Wegmans. I grew up out in Pittsford and Penfield. We don't have Wegmans up here in the Plattsburgh area.
I remember seeing Danny Wegman driving down East Ave in his Testarossa past our elementary school window.

Wegmans is an occasional BITOG topic. I was a frequenter of the Chili Avenue and Henrietta Blvd one when I lived in the 19th ward.

24hour superstore 25 years before WW.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Delta Sonic as in the car wash place? We have those here. I didn't realize they sold food.

We also have Sonic drive-in, the burger and hotdog place.

Its part of my trip through NY and PA. I can get a 14" to go, cut into thirds. . We also get some beer for after the event, The stores are open 24/7 and I get gassed up and gone in 45 minutes. We pre-plan rest stops around a Wegmans or a 5 Guys. Way better than the rest stops on I 90.

Originally Posted By: salv

The Pittsford Wegmans is 15 minutes away, more with traffic. I take folks there since they're amazed. The one in Henrietta on Calkins Rd. also has a bit of the wow factor going for it, although nowhere near as much as the Pittsford store!

I practically live on an on-ramp for 481. I can be at the DeWitt wegmans in 10 minutes.

I do like shopping there. Cheapest place around to shop after Aldi.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Delta Sonic as in the car wash place? We have those here. I didn't realize they sold food.

We also have Sonic drive-in, the burger and hotdog place.

Yeah. Some of them have the "Brick Oven" inside. Good subs as well.

Their full size subs recently went from 12 to 14'' with no price increase.

I lived in the SE PA area for years and Wegman's arrived in the
Downingtown area in the early 2000s. Not only do they have great hoagies...(yeah that is what they are called) but they have great all around deli, bakery, and produce sections, and lots of unadvertised specials that are really low prices on stuff that you would want to buy.

I miss them here where I'm at now, in the Southeast the competition among supermarkets is not to great so prices, quality, and service is poor to middling only Publix stands out, but it still is a bit behind Wegman's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Now I want a Wegman's sub and the nearest Wegman's is six hours away.

You bunch of jerks...

You had better hit the road then. Time's a wastin'.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Now I want a Wegman's sub and the nearest Wegman's is six hours away.

You bunch of jerks...

Get your passport and hop across. The Canadians don't bite, I swear! Worst case they might feed you some good coffee to stay awake on the trip!

The wegmans sub is really good.

I lived in Buffalo my whole life and used to get it all the time.

Their pizza and wings were never good though.

Closest thing I can find to a wegmans sub here in Texas is a Jimmy John's sub. Not as big as wegmans, and not as good, but it works.

We also have firehouse subs which people seem to like, but it isn't great either.

Wegman's subs are great. IMO, a full sub used to be 'substantial' enough to feed ~3 people. Not so much anymore. Great store regardless. Good deals on store brand items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back