Waxed car vs non waxed vs mpg

I was wondering if anyone has tried this theory of increasing mpg by making sure vehicle is always clean and waxed. I noticed in my Accord, it seems like it has increased, but not yet actually run the calculations

Myth busters said they saw an avg of 2mpg. My brother in law works for Boeing and he was telling me an aircraft will loose 5% fuel efficiency with a dirty aircraft. I know race cars are always clean and waxed.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this theory of increasing mpg by making sure vehicle is always clean and waxed. I noticed in my Accord, it seems like it has increased, but not yet actually run the calculations

Myth busters said they saw an avg of 2mpg. My brother in law works for Boeing and he was telling me an aircraft will loose 5% fuel efficiency with a dirty aircraft. I know race cars are always clean and waxed.
Then they were making some serious errors.

Previous threads:

Clean car makes the owner/driver feels better.
He/she eager to show it to somebody by driving faster and better mpg.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Maybe if completely covered in heavy chunky mud, but I can't see where waxed versus unwaxed would make a measurable difference.

glider airplanes have polished specific paint.

imho wrong tire pressure will make more difference on car. (hydro2 will make the paint feel like oiled pan.)

Dimples on a golf ball create a thin turbulent boundary layer of air that clings to the ball's surface. This allows the smoothly flowing air to follow the ball's surface a little farther around the back side of the ball, thereby decreasing the size of the wake. Interesting
My car had hailstone damage. All those dents were like dimples on a golf ball. I could drive like 50 yards farther.
No difference. :giggle:

Dimples on a golf ball create a thin turbulent boundary layer of air that clings to the ball's surface. This allows the smoothly flowing air to follow the ball's surface a little farther around the back side of the ball, thereby decreasing the size of the wake. Interesting
Did you actually check your mpg or just only fill when the gas gauge hit E

Nobody is buying cheap beaters (because there are not any) nothing to talk about there.

Nobody is buying new cars (because there are not any) threads on here are getting pretty thin.

Nobody is driving much because fuel is expensive.

Talking about his non sensical topic and egg sandwiches on another thread.

Even better if I'm in the left lane.:cool:
giphy.gif

All I know is when I detail my F150 or change the oil....she screams so much faster! Gonna blow by some Jersey Troops today on my way home from the beach. I'm good! Just cleaned it and changed the oil. What could go wrong?

Back