Wax / Sealer Recommendations

There are more products and opinions of waxes/sealers than grains of sand on the beach. That said, I've had good success with Collinite 476S paste wax on my '95 Civic. I've used Optimum Spray Wax and P&S Bead Maker as a topper/drying agent on my 2017 Accord, the Bead Maker is incredible WRT shine & slickness but the durability factor isn't the greatest. Optimum Spray Wax is fine for me, YMMV. Someone mentioned Jescar Powerlock, I'm gonna give that a try real soon since I have a bottle of it and there are numerous rave reviews from reputable detailers on YouTube.

I have been using Wolfgang sealant,that Autogeek sells. It is expensive ,but I have found it lasts longer than most.

Really happy with Meguiars M26 paste wax. Picked up a can when visiting Pep Boys.
contentimage-M27.jpg

I
I've been waxing my cars with regular $5 synthetic or carnuba waxes as long as I can remember, but I notice there's a lot more product offerings out there-- so I'm looking to step up to something a bit more premium that might last longer than 2-3 weeks which is all I get from the standard fare.

So many products to choose from, I don't even know where to begin. Ceramic coatings seem pretty popular but not sure how they work or if there are better products out there. I could spend an afternoon reading about the stuff, but hopefully you folks can save me the trouble and point me in the right direction. Hoping to stay under the $20 mark, best bang for the buck is what I'm after. I don't need the best stuff on the planet, just something decent quality I can pick up on Amazon or locally.
I use the car guys liquid sealant off amazon, you do need to do paint prep before hand, but ive had it last over 6 months when prepped properly, I am in norcal so its just rain and sun here nothing crazy with salt or snow.

I use Liquid Glass on my vehicles, you can still purchase it at Advance Auto Parts, they have an exclusive deal to sell it now. I have used it for years with great results, easy on easy off.

I've been waxing my cars with regular $5 synthetic or carnuba waxes as long as I can remember, but I notice there's a lot more product offerings out there-- so I'm looking to step up to something a bit more premium that might last longer than 2-3 weeks which is all I get from the standard fare.

So many products to choose from, I don't even know where to begin. Ceramic coatings seem pretty popular but not sure how they work or if there are better products out there. I could spend an afternoon reading about the stuff, but hopefully you folks can save me the trouble and point me in the right direction. Hoping to stay under the $20 mark, best bang for the buck is what I'm after. I don't need the best stuff on the planet, just something decent quality I can pick up on Amazon or locally.
Collinite 476S is another good choice. Very long lastingf

NuFinish. Cheap, easy to use, careful around black rubber and painted surfaces. Lasts a reasonable time. Yes, it has a chemical smell, only use outdoors.

My no hype, honest recommendations for the everyman:

AIO - 3D Speed
Wax - Natty's
Sealant - Jescar Powerlock+
Spray Wax - Griot's Sray-On Wax
Spray Sealant - P&S Beadmaker
Ceramic - 3D Ceramic Coating
Ceramic Boost - Adam's Ceramic Boost
Ceramic "hybrid" - Technician's Choice TEC582

Out of everything I have tried, these provide the best compromise of price, performance, and ease of use. You can find a product that is better for every niche, but I challenge anyone to find a real negative to anything on this list.

I’ve tried and liked several ones but ultimately settled on Collinite insulator was 845 as my go to wax. I used to use Collinite 476 for the long lasting durability but found 845 easier to work with and get great durability with the 845 as well.
I have some Duragloss 105 that I have been using on my wife’s Altima comparing it to the 845 (I mix .5 ounce of the 601 polishing bonding agent and 2 ounces of 105 in a small squeeze bottle and shake up well then apply) but think I’m gonna stick to 845 as my only wax I use once the duragloss is gone. I use my PC 7424 to apply and remove, much easier and quicker than by hand

From what I have read on here and auto geek the 476 is probably a tad bit more durable. I reapply every 4-6 months anyway and just found the 845 easier to work with. I’ve applied both by hand and by DA and just like the 845 ease of use better.
I made the mistake of applying the 476 way to thick once before I got my 7424, my arm and shoulder were killing me after. So thin is the key for the 476 (like most waxes)
I’ve read where some put 476 and then top with 845, but since I wax every 4-6 months I found the 845 works great for my application in MA

👆 looks good. Granted any vehicle that has been washed/waxed will look good. Only thing Turtle was I use is the ICE interior cleaner/protectant that is in a squeeze bottle

I'm using on Mother's Hot Wheels Premium carnauba wax. I bought several bottles of it years ago. Best I remember I got it at Big Lots, a 16 oz. bottle along with a free Mother's specially decorated Hot Wheels car for $5. each. I just waxed my Versa a couple weeks ago after a year without a wax job. It definitely needed waxing but the wax I put on it last fall was still beading water. Not bad for a car that sits outside 24/7/365. I've also got some spray on Simoniz Sure Shine Detailer that I've used in the past when I just wanted to refresh the gloss and not spend a lot of time doing it but, for some reason it never happened this summer. I've been happy with the results of both. The thing I like about Mother's is it goes on really thin, dries quick, buffs off easily and lasts a long time. Personally, I like to do a thorough waxing in the spring/fall and use the spray on as a refresher between times. I've used lots of different waxes over the past 45 years and am as happy with Mother's as anything else I've ever used. I'd never used a spray on till about 1 year ago. The Simoniz does a good job but it seems to take more buffing to remove streaks than I was expecting.

Last edited:
Back