wax on trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, many of these products just hide the wax underneath a nice shine. I have tried many products, including BtoB and none of them worked except for the 3M product listed above. This is on the dreaded Focus black trim...however, I will try a few of the tricks described in this thread.

quote:

Originally posted by pzev:
The problem is, many of these products just hide the wax underneath a nice shine. I have tried many products, including BtoB and none of them worked except for the 3M product listed above. This is on the dreaded Focus black trim...however, I will try a few of the tricks described in this thread.

The 3M wax remover is about as good as it gets if you really want to fix the problem instead of hide it.

Once you get it clean, a good protectant like Aerospace 303 will protect it and make it look black without building up a layer of crud again.

I had some wax on the black plastic trim around the windshield. I just used GM Glass Cleaner to clean the windshield and got some on the trim -- cleaned the wax right off the trim.
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back