Water heater is leaking....

Well, it seems the consensus is for a tank style water heater that isn't a Bradford-White, has an easily accessible anode rod and a longer than 6 year standard warranty. This is the best bang for the buck locally for the same btu and tank size. I do my own installs and get 10% off as a veteran. They have a 12 year in stock that is identical except 40kbtu versus 38k btu and almost $400 more. It's interesting about the use/life comment as this last water heater actually had 4 people using it and the original had 3 people. We are back to 3 people in the house again. I am usually too lazy to drain and re-anode my water heaters and have gotten pretty good lifespans from them. This is the first time I haven't.
They also have this at 36k btu and $429. I'm still contemplating but appreciate all the sound suggestions and advice. Thanks!

Well, it seems the consensus is for a tank style water heater that isn't a Bradford-White, has an easily accessible anode rod and a longer than 6 year standard warranty. This is the best bang for the buck locally for the same btu and tank size. I do my own installs and get 10% off as a veteran. They have a 12 year in stock that is identical except 40kbtu versus 38k btu and almost $400 more. It's interesting about the use/life comment as this last water heater actually had 4 people using it and the original had 3 people. We are back to 3 people in the house again. I am usually too lazy to drain and re-anode my water heaters and have gotten pretty good lifespans from them. This is the first time I haven't.
They also have this at 36k btu and $429. I'm still contemplating but appreciate all the sound suggestions and advice. Thanks!
You've been without hot water all this time? Do you actually use the Jacuzzi? The 40 gallon one isn't too bad, $550 for 9 years and $650 for 12. I go up to 5-6 people with the 40 gallon but don't have anything fancy like the whirlpool tub.

Just bought the 40 gallon version of this last week. Replaced a GE (also made by Rheem) that lasted 10 years. The hard water destroyed the inside.

To clarify, the leaking water heater is still in service. Noticed the small leak last fall and checked all the connections, pressure relief,drain etc..
the leak is inside the jacket somewhere and what started pretty small last fall has gotten larger now. Leaves a small stream towards the sump every twenty four hours, maybe a cup of water. So I have some time unless there is a catastrophic failure.

I nursed my leaking rheem along for a month or 2. it rusted out at the hot water outlet.
but the bottom one looked like a rust wreck.

replaced with a hybrid ao smith for $199+delivery thank you slickdeals.

Back