Washing the car in Winter!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my life I've been very Gung-Ho about washing the car and truck in the winter. I hate automatic car washes and will not use them. After it snowed I would go out and hook up the hose in my driveway and wash both the car and truck. The darn water would sometimes freeze and it was not fun at all. My neighbors would look at me like I was crazy!!! I did this to keep the salt and chemicals off the whole car.
Now that I'm getting a little older I really hate doing this and freezing my *** off! I'm starting to reconsider using an auto carwash in the winter to save me a couple hours soaking wet and freezing in the cold just to keep the cars clean. How do you keep your cars salt and dirt free in the winter?

I visit a local detail shop every Saturday morning and have them do a real good wash on the car. It only costs $15 and they do a fantastic job. Every 4-6 weeks I get them to throw on a coat of wax too, that's only $59. The automatic car washes will never see my car.

Around here...go to the spray it yourself coin wash.
Same thing as a garden hose, its a pressure washer with hot water.

Kinda tough doing it at home with a garden hose when the outside temperature is -30c!!

I must admit, I tasted the water droplets several times after the automatic car wash. The water was not salty at all. But then, at what concentration it starts to taste salty?

well I just used quick and easy wash by protect all. Used a total of 2 gallons of water to wash my truck. One for the soap and one to rinse in and this was with some decent road salt build up. Have to say it did a nice job and washing while it was 39f degrees out wasn't bad at all. Just wish my truck would fit in the grage so I could close the garage door.

here is a thread on it over at autopia
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32078

and here is link to manufacture.
http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm

QEW is one way.

I myself would apply a few coats of Zaino, and just power wash it until i got a semi-warm day.

Or pay someone.

Chris, they definitely do the undercarriage at the detail shop, they are very thorough, they even wash inside the doors, inside the fuel door and inside the hatch! They don't miss a single spot.They are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back