Was this the Highland Performance?

You understand that car companies commonly disguise unreleased vehicles, right? Otherwise why would they do it?
The black like car bra is interesting as most of the time manufacturers tend to use cammo wrap, not just a cover. If the vehicle is really close to production maybe that's all Tesla figured it needed.

The black like car bra is interesting as most of the time manufacturers tend to use cammo wrap, not just a cover. If the vehicle is really close to production maybe that's all Tesla figured it needed.
Depends on how production ready the vehicle is. The heavier the cladding, that usually indicates a frankstein prototype is underneath.
For example how a couple of the early prototypes of the Land cruiser were essentially previous gen bodies running next generation chassis underneath.

The camo wrap is usually to signify its close to the production level status and of course pr rollouts.

That being said, having seen the highland, and seeing how they are not doing a huge groundup change, its interesting indeed.

Depends on how production ready the vehicle is. The heavier the cladding, that usually indicates a frankstein prototype is underneath.
For example how a couple of the early prototypes of the Land cruiser were essentially previous gen bodies running next generation chassis underneath.

The camo wrap is usually to signify its close to the production level status and of course pr rollouts.

That being said, having seen the highland, and seeing how they are not doing a huge groundup change, its interesting indeed.
Ferrari put one of their test mules up for sale a few years back. I think roadandtrack said it was a 458 body with La Ferrari underpinnings. They were trying to keep their new hypercar and the hybrid setup a secret.

Sure do and simply find it ignorant!
Not sure why you find it "ignorant "? Defined as "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing." Most people don't really care if a new test model or technology demonstrator is out testing. Other automotive companies and car enthusiasts like myself really want to know what is in the pipeline.

Yes; visually the Highland is different in front and back, but the sides are pretty unchanged. The Highland was released a few months ago, but rumor is Tesla is making the Model 3 Performance more of its own car. Hence the hidden areas. It may get the Ludicrous motor which would step up power. Brakes and suspension will upgraded.

That's the rumors at least. We will see.

For $90K I'd expect more precise panel fitment and paint... 1st pic is hilarious as they will do anything to draw attention to whatever they churn out. At least that body wrap looks more proper than some of their finishes!
I'd expect more from a $30K car to be honest. The fitment and the paint work looks terrible imo.
27.gif
FTR I'd say that about any car if it looked that bad.

Back