Warming engine - under load

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:
4. Park, leave engine running.
5. Get donut, coffee, read sports pages, more coffee, talk cars with my cousin and a mechanic guy that comes in, more coffee.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

6. Walk briskly across icy parking lot to now-warm truck or van.
7. Drive to work.

What does that do to your fuel mileage average?

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
What does that do to your fuel mileage average?

cool.gif
It's (&%^*&*$# cold, I don't care.
lol.gif
4 degrees this morn and -10 wind chill and I have to drive a mostly empty cargo van with 4 teeny-tiny heat vents up front (only). I'm ready to set the plywood paneling in back on fire.

offtopic.gif
Sorry for the extra post, but I had to leave the office for a bit. Anyhow, the county where rugerman1 and myself live has exceptionally low crime. My theory is that most crime is committed by younger people and we have relatively few of those here, so yeah I can leave my engine run anytime anyplace. The local economy and job situation has been crap since 1980, so younger folks leave. Our population is going down, not up, and quite literally (I swear I am not making this up) every town has at least one school that's been closed and turned into assisted living for elderly folks. BTW, census says Hispanic population is 0.7% and I think that's optimistic, they're smart enough not to come here. [/
offtopic.gif
]

[ January 23, 2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Beaver County?

[
offtopic.gif
] Yes. I will say that my town has a darn good football team, 3 state championships and 1 state runner-up in the last 6 years. Across the river over by rugerman1 you have the high school that Mike Ditka, Sean Gilbert, and Ty Law went to. Tony Dorsett was in the next town over.[/
offtopic.gif
]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back