Walmart Tire Order ?

I interested in ordering a set of tires online from Walmart for installation at the store. I have noticed that tires that I want to purchase cannot be shipped for pickup to the store nearby, but are available for pickup at a location less convenient to me. Why ?

Last edited:
If the store nearby does do installation, and that's what you want, and they will ship to them for installation instead of pickup, I don't see the problem.

If the store nearby doesn't do installation, why would you want to pick them up there yourself to drive them to the other store instead of just shipping them there?

If it's just a website glitch, call the nearby store and ask if they have yours in stock, and just buy them at the store unless this is a web only special price? I'd think they would match their own website price, no?

If they don't have them in stock, don't do it. I ordered tires on Feb 1, waited two weeks, had a rep cancel and reorder, Come March I still didn't have tires. Went to discount tire.

This is WalMart we're talking about. You're just wasting breath trying to find out why anything happens there. It's one big oil-less machine.

Does the first store have a TLE auto care center? :unsure:

It seems Walmart will only ship tires to stores that install tires.
Yes, it does, and I have purchase other tires there online and had them installed there. This issue seems to be limited to certain brands,

Last edited:
If the store nearby does do installation, and that's what you want, and they will ship to them for installation instead of pickup, I don't see the problem.

If the store nearby doesn't do installation, why would you want to pick them up there yourself to drive them to the other store instead of just shipping them there?

If it's just a website glitch, call the nearby store and ask if they have yours in stock, and just buy them at the store unless this is a web only special price? I'd think they would match their own website price, no?
I am thinking that is a website glitch or maybe some sort of exclusive territory thing. I just don't want to there to order them person and have to track down a manager there whose hours rarely seem to match the times when it is good for me to go there.

Last edited:
I interested in ordering a set of tires online from Walmart for installation at the store. I have noticed that tires that I want to purchase cannot be shipped for pickup to the store nearby, but are available for pickup at a location less convenient to me. Why ?
Perhaps Walmart can give you a better answer?

If they don't have them in stock, don't do it. I ordered tires on Feb 1, waited two weeks, had a rep cancel and reorder, Come March I still didn't have tires. Went to discount tire.

This is WalMart we're talking about. You're just wasting breath trying to find out why anything happens there. It's one big oil-less machine.
Your example is not necessarily anecdotal of all tire orders. Is it?

I ordered some tires yesterday from Walmart for my sister-in-law. said I could pick them up tomorrow. I have no idea why they don't want to install them.

No. There are other brands sold by Walmart but not normally stocked that can be ordered online and picked up (and installed) at this location.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKN
We gave Walmart a chance several weeks ago for tires. The tires (Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark) were listed online for $94ish and in stock at the local store. Called the store to confirm they were in stock and they confirmed but quoted $127. We mentioned the online price and they said "no, that's not the price". We could have ordered them online for the $94, and then gone to the store to have them installed. But at that point they had already lost our business when they pulled that kind of shenanigans.

Just checked, and as of today they are listed at $127 on Walmart's site. So I guess that is the current price. Still, too much of a hassle at the time.

We gave Walmart a chance several weeks ago for tires. The tires (Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark) were listed online for $94ish and in stock at the local store. Called the store to confirm they were in stock and they confirmed but quoted $127. We mentioned the online price and they said "no, that's not the price". We could have ordered them online for the $94, and then gone to the store to have them installed. But at that point they had already lost our business when they pulled that kind of shenanigans.

Just checked, and as of today they are listed at $127 on Walmart's site. So I guess that is the current price. Still, too much of a hassle at the time.
There are different Trailmarks, but if it was the same exact tire they are required to price match the online price.

Our Price Match policies differ between Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
Find details on how we match prices on our corporate Walmart Policies and Guidelines page.

Please note that we do not price match items purchased from Walmart.com that later decrease in price.
Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of this policy at any time.
Last Updated: February 7, 2022

Doesn't sound like "shenanigans"-but policy.

Just put a set of tires on a Town and Country minivan that came from Wal-Mart. Here's what they're doing.

If I wanted the Goodyear Reliant tire, it was the only tire available in that size at my nearest Wal-Mart. However, if I wanted the Douglas All-Season, I had to go to a store 10 miles away. They wouldn't let me order the Douglas All-Season in to the nearest store, either.

They're not keeping both tires in stock at both stores anymore. They're only stocking one tire here, and one tire there... and restricting the availability based on that. They'll have a tire available in that size in both stores.... it may not be the one you want... but they'll have something.

Last edited:
Actually, I think your complaint is that it is anecdotal. However, my experience with their "system" is not anecdotal, as their system administers all orders. I sat in the tire shop one day waiting on the only person that knows how to check on orders get back from lunch. I witnessed two other disgruntled employees with the same issue. One of them was borderline "Jan6"... he finally just marched out. :LOL:

It’s kind of hit or miss in my limited experience with wal mart…. Last tires ordered were perfect…they were selling Nokian etyre2.0 225/65/16 for 2012 Prius V at 51.00 a piece… they were delivered to their tire installation near me in york pa and they installed balanced them for like 10 a tire-know it was way cheaper than any other place…. I have driven them over 10000 miles and they are perfect… no vibration in steering or anything… now first tires bought like a year ago on different vehicle-delivered three instead of four had them installed waited for last one a week later.:. After installation… noticed they installed one of the tires backward inside out for asymmetric tire… they changed it at no cost and were apologetic… but was time consuming…. They often have incredible tire prices on brands like Nokian that are quality tires but not as mainstream and they always have deals on more budget tires-which can be hit or miss-will say loved the last off brand tire-and loved it so much an blocking out the name even though wrote about it a few times in here…. Oh my gosh… when remember will mention brand and name again-they were really good tires…. I would give Wal mart a try especially when definitely have the tire you want in stock and it is significantly awesome price… which you can really only get that large of selection from wal mart onlin
Actually, I think your complaint is that it is anecdotal. However, my experience with their "system" is not anecdotal, as their system administers all orders. I sat in the tire shop one day waiting on the only person that knows how to check on orders get back from lunch. I witnessed two other disgruntled employees with the same issue. One of them was borderline "Jan6"... he finally just marched out. :LOL:

e

Just looked on Walmart.com my size is actually 205/60/16…. Tires I loved but forgot name were Radar Dimax as8 they are 80 a piece Kuhno platinum lx are 65…didn’t see any other great deals like ones I got… I know Nokian replaced etyre with Nokian one-which they have for 104 a tire…again you can often find diamond in rough there….one suggestion is put in tire size instead of make and model… like my Toyota Prius came with V rated with 91 loading…. Wal mart is literal I’ll only show that exact spec… Nokian so have are H rated with higher load rate if 96…. They are wearing great fronts have 10/32 rears are at 11/32 may have started at 11.5-12 not sure but wearing great

I interested in ordering a set of tires online from Walmart for installation at the store. I have noticed that tires that I want to purchase cannot be shipped for pickup to the store nearby, but are available for pickup at a location less convenient to me. WhyTry
Maybe the Walmart close to you doesn't have an auto install dept. Try Discount Tire; one call does all.

Back