Walmart not wanting to deliver?

What is up with Walmart delivery lately?
I read that WM wants to compete with Amazon and use their network of stores as delivery warehouses.
I have had success buying oil and a few other thing, free delivery with a $35 order.

The last 2 times I loaded my cart, the system would not give me free delivery even though my order was well over the $35. The website wanted to set up “pick up in store” and when I tried to change to deliver from store, added $9.95 delivery fee.
Heck, if I wanted to pick up in store, I would drive to the store and get the stuff.
Not going to compete with Amazon like this.
Maybe they are trying to sell the Walmart Plus memberships?

Other sellers sale through Amazon and Walmart websites. Many of these sellers set their own shipping independent of the respective online storefront. I.e. the 3rd party items never count toward, or qualify for free shipping.

1670814114070.jpg

Other sellers sale through Amazon and Walmart websites. Many of these sellers set their own shipping independent of the respective online storefront. I.e. the 3rd party items never count toward, or qualify for free shipping.

View attachment 130415
The shoes I bought are from a third party seller. But for some reason they charge $5 for shipping . Some of there other shoes have free shipping.

My wife said the malls were pretty empty of merchandise (black friday), I think stores held back ordering thinking recession

Black Friday store traffic was down 52% while online sales reached $9 billion. Online sales have overtaken retail stores.

Well, once Bed, Bath and Beyond and Macys go out of business early next year, and will finish off the malls/ strip centers completely.

Get ready to have to order EVERYTHING online, very very soon…..

Wall Street will love the profit margins…….

Black Friday store traffic was down 52% while online sales reached $9 billion. Online sales have overtaken retail stores.

That story above was from the pandemic year 2020.
Store traffic was up this year 2022

As far as shipping policies (and return policies) for online stores as others have said those policies do not apply for third party sellers.

Last edited:
I understand the third party seller situation. All the items that I had in my cart were at my local store, since Walmart offered free pickup at the store next day.
They did not offer free shipping to my house even though the total of the cart was well beyond the $35 minimum for free shipping. This happened the last two times that I tried to use Walmart dot com vs Amazon.
My observation is that Walmart dot com will never compete with Amazon if they don’t offer some free shipping threshold for all the items they are the seller of.
Third party sellers on both sites set their own shipping policies.

I have tried really hard to give my money to Walmart of Mr. Bezos. Unfortunately they make it very hard, like the shipping thing above - its not real clear. Amazon has the big "prime" sticker but you still have to watch for 3rd party sellers.

On a second note, I ordered RTV from walmart and got pajamas. I did the online return and they said to throw them out. My wife ordered a shower curtain from Amazon and got a put together TV stand. They also told her to dispose of it. We give them stuff to Habitat to sell but obviously the retailers are having problems.

I understand the third party seller situation. All the items that I had in my cart were at my local store, since Walmart offered free pickup at the store next day.
They did not offer free shipping to my house even though the total of the cart was well beyond the $35 minimum for free shipping. This happened the last two times that I tried to use Walmart dot com vs Amazon.
My observation is that Walmart dot com will never compete with Amazon if they don’t offer some free shipping threshold for all the items they are the seller of.
Third party sellers on both sites set their own shipping policies.
How much money are they making off these 3rd parties? Seems like there disparaging their own brand to make a few percentage points on a different sale, not to mention competing with themselves.

How much money are they making off these 3rd parties? Seems like there disparaging their own brand to make a few percentage points on a different sale, not to mention competing with themselves.
Just like an eBay seller, they collect a commission on sales. They are duplicating the Amazon model. I suspect there is more money or at least the same amount of profit for them as a reseller. It's impossible to carry every product in the world and the Amazon model has proven one stop shopping/go to source works.

I have tried really hard to give my money to Walmart of Mr. Bezos. Unfortunately they make it very hard, like the shipping thing above - its not real clear. Amazon has the big "prime" sticker but you still have to watch for 3rd party sellers.
But that is because you pay to be a "Prime" customer.
What about the confusion and rip off by Amazon everyday stealing from less fortunate people where when you meet the requirements for "free shipping" as STATED on the PAGE. You go to pay for the order and you are charged for shipping by default unless you notice that and change it to free shipping. I CANT NOT for the life of me believe they still get away with it.

This is a primary reason I hate Amazon and use them as a last resort. They steal from the less fortunate who do not realize what they are doing. Buying something with free shipping but dont get free shipping unless they change the "bullet" on the order page to free shipping.

Back