Walmart filter availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil and filters are the only products I feel warrant walking in the place. Even then it's for the beater extended fleet and done semi-annually. Even if I admired the business, the real time viewing of legions of people walking out with tons of plastic just really does a number on me. Plastic everywhere ..and ample numbers of people to keep the shelves full of it.

I really find it..hmmm...humorously disturbing.. as I ponder what would motivate people to do this senseless act time and time again.

LEGIONS!!

Walmart never has the oil I want -- I know, because I check about once a month. It's been more than three years since I found the right oil there. I've asked if they would stock it, but they never do.

I usually am disappointed when I go there. The prices jump and the selection changes. I use the opportunity to grab a MC filter or two ..and maybe a 5 quart of MC 5w-20 since they're still the lowest priced source for this oil. I have no need for RTS. I'll use HDD or ACD ......and I've got enough other oils in stash to last a long time ..and even then I don't think I'll get to use all of them.

I usually use Wix filters from O'reillys, but do like the cheap 5qt jugs I find at wally world. I was just wondering what filters they had as I had not paid attention to that before. That's why this thread exists. I saw that they had the 1218 delco for my truck, but after cutting open my last Wix i'll stick with them. Very beefy, all metal, tons of pleats. No need to change from that when the alternative might not work as well and costs basically the same. Maybe i'll order them cheaper online though...

WIX is a very well constructed filter. In most measures that people feel important (most apps) it's THE best. It's just not the finest in filtering over some competitors.

I am still waiting to see some hard data proving WIX is better than AC. They may ''look great'', but how about some numbers? Which has the most media? How good is the media? UOA's? If price meant anything, Frams should be as good as anything.

Well, there's not much to dispute WIX quality of construction. Silicon ADBV ...for those with bypass valves most numbers have the open end that is preferred. If I were to build a filter, I don't think I could improve on the basic design. I imagine that I would want a higher tier of media.

What I'd love to see is a higher tech Ecore. One with silicon parts and PureOne level of filtration. I'll put that on my list of "products I'd like to see so much I don't care if they make money" when I hit the next Powerball for $138M.

I would have to figure that if it's got the AC Delco badge on it that it most likely 100% matches spec's for aftermarket OEM replacement filters, much like MC does for Ford. This should be 100% true if used on a GM product.

Do people have a beef with AC filers? I don't pay much attention to them since my needs are handled by MC or AATG (still have a few) for my Ford:Mopar threaded engines. Otherwise it's EaO's
21.gif

I don't even have an adbv, so I might try a delco next time around just to try it out. Ordering wix filters online is cheaper in bulk than the delcos in the same amounts though.

Originally Posted By: labman
Without proof the the nitrile rubber ADBV's fail, silicone means nothing.

They don't really fail. They always do their appointed task. It stops the filter from backflushing. They just can maintain a full filter. This is painfully clear to anyone who actually needs a full filter to stop start up lifter rattle. Nitriles in my engine last about 3000 miles+/-. Silicon ADBV'd filters have never produced the start up rattle.

What more proof do I need??

On a rampage here, labman???
55.gif

Good to know that nitrile ADBV never fail, and that silicone adbv are no better. Those silly oil filter manufacturers wasting their time and money using silicone adbv's in their higher end filters. But hey, the redish color does make the silicone adbv more visible, I guess. Seriously!
smirk2.gif

Someone needs to clue in the filter manufacturers to this bit of information.
09.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back