Wall O' Chargers

I may have gone a little overboard... But loose cords drive me crazy! I didn't go so far as to level everything, and there's not much rhyme or reason to my madness, but it can always be rearranged.

Anyone else got a tool wall they're proud of?

1000001427.jpg

Now that looks great. I really need to do something. I have chargers, chargers and more chargers.

I really appreciate practical cable management. I have a networking background. @14Accent, I’d use that wall with pride.

Thank you for the kind words! While I'm no network engineer, I can absolutely appreciate the effort that goes into proper cable management.

While "proud of" it is a stretch, this has been extremely functional for me for years.

I hate cords and cables -- the very reason I embrace cordless tools ;)
20230717_212941.jpg

Mine is still a work in progress.

I prefer not to leave /store batteries in charger, or have the chargers powered up without charging batteries within them.

These battery hangers are 3d printed in the USA.
Go em on ebay. 5 for about 12$.

They lock the battery in place the same way the tool does, but a little looser fit.

They have 4 recessed screw holes to mount in any orientation.
I used 2 each.
Plenty burly.

My Dewalt one is en route.

Attachments

• 20230625_230535.jpg
    20230625_230535.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
Mine is still a work in progress.

I prefer not to leave /store batteries in charger, or have the chargers powered up without charging batteries within them.

These battery hangers are 3d printed in the USA.
Go em on ebay. 5 for about 12$.

They lock the battery in place the same way the tool does, but a little looser fit.

They have 4 recessed screw holes to mount in any orientation.
I used 2 each.
Plenty burly.

My Dewalt one is en route.

I really dig those! Aside from one HF charger/battery, we have all Ryobi One+ stuff. Do they make holders for those style batteries?

I only have the one ryobi battery and a weak leaf blower that does not get use anymore, as the Makita blower is far superior.

My old man used to leave battery in the charger and charger plugged in, in garage in south Florida. The smaller original 1.5 ah battery had one cell fail, the second battery he bought for it, 4.0ah, was treated the same. I unplugged charger with battery in it for a few days and battery lost one bar of charge. Could be high self discharge, coukd be the unplugged charger puts a small parasitic load on battery.
Before i got the makita blower, i acquired a ridgid to ryobi battery adapter to use in the weak ryobi blower.
unsurprisingly, The 4.0 new ridgid battery performed far better.
Am considering acquiring he 18v small tank ryobi air compressor

I can charge up to 8 batts simultaneously, but most often just keep a dual on the counter.

Batts are stored under the shelf on on the tool ready to go.

IMG_4420 (1).jpeg

I had a basic setup in my last house. Right now it’s spaghetti on a plastic table with not enough outlets and no shelves. Table of shame. I will strive to do better.

Back