Wal-Mart Super Tech Synthetic 5w30/10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this question was already addressed by members, but I just wanted your feedback.Presently, I am using Castrol GTX 10w30 in both of my vehicles(1995 Nissan Truck 4x4 V6 66000 miles/1998 Infinity QX4 45000 miles). I always change the oil and filter in both every 3 months or 3000 miles without fail, the 3 month period always comes before the 3000 miles. I was thinking about switching to the Wal-mart Super Tech Synthetic 5w30 winter time and 10w30 warm weather.Is this a good choice? Is this good oil?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I wouldn't bother with the Supertech Synthetic. For a few dollars more you could go with a real synthetic that will outperform it considerably.

If you are wanting to extend change intervals to something like 5 or 7.5k, a quality synthethic could be advantageous for sure. However, if you intend to maintain your current drain intervals, I think it can be (and has been) legitimately argued that the incremental benefit derived from significantly higher priced synthetic vs. quality dino may not be make the switch all that beneficial. There are countless folks who use quality dino for 3-5k change interval who report excellent long-term results.

Perhaps an oil analysis would be helpful to your decision process/peace of mind?

Your driving style and conditions, of course, will also factor heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back