Wal-Mart dropping Havoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Wal-Mart dropping Havoline Motor Oil? My F-I-L is both a die-hard Ford man and a die-hard Havoline man. The Wal-Mart nearest him (LaJunta Colorado) has dropped Havoline.

When I was new to vehicle ownership, I used Havoline because that's what an older brother used. It's what I used for 22 years, prior to finding this site, and switching to Pennzoil Platinum. Back in the day, when I was doing 3k oil changes, I would by Havoline by the case. That's when I could get it for 99 cents per quart.

When I think of Wal-Mart and oil, I think Havoline. It will be a shame if they drop it from their inventory. Is anyone else seeing Havoline dropped at Wal-Mart?

Has not been available here it seems like around forever.

South Dakota is smack in the heart of die hard Havoline country though, (I know I grew up there) if Wally's is going to drop it there it's not a good sign.

I'm guessing it's a location thing. If it sells they keep it if not they create space for something that does. It seems as though in my area that's how it goes.

The first time I heard of it was talking to the GF's dad about the oil his dad used to use.. that and Union 76 were his top picks. I actually mistaken the work Havoline for Valvoline.

Walmarts don't carry it here. I first saw it on the shelf after seeing here in the deals forum that Oreilly's had it on sale for $14 a jug with filter. Chevron products are great stuff, but at normal prices at parts stores, they are way too much for me.

You can make a request to management at Wally if you can find one who is not comatose. There are good prices to be found there but the shelf stocking must be done by idiots who don't know the difference between tomato sauce and tomato paste by the same company. Hey, the labels look almost the same.

Last edited:
Its here at the walmarts here and seems to have a very good turn over. Its the next cheapest oil next to super tech.

My store just seems to a a handful of quarts sitting around.

They look like they may have been returns.

Nearby smaller markets have Havoline on the shelf just like the good old days.

Could be a market driven choice by the automotive department manager.

One of the problems at my Wallyworld is that the oil aisle is too small.

By the time you get all the Pennzoil, Castrol, Mobil, and Super Tech variants on the shelf, there's very little room for any Havoline.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I first saw it on the shelf after seeing here in the deals forum that Oreilly's had it on sale for $14 a jug with filter. Chevron products are great stuff, but at normal prices at parts stores, they are way too much for me.

+1 there

That O'Reilly deal couldn't be beat.

$13.99 for a jug of Havoline 5W-20 and a Wix built Microgard.

My Camrys loved that stuff.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
You can make a request to management at Wally if you can find one who is not comatose. There are good prices to be found there but the shelf stocking must be done by idiots who don't know the difference between tomato sauce and tomato paste by the same company. Hey, the labels look almost the same.

Haha..
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

What the store carries is a decision made pretty high up the chain. Not just at Walmart but all retailers in general. They want their shelf space utilized for high volume items.

That being said, I've had luck requesting certain items be brought back after being removed, but it's a very involved process on the business side of things.

yeah the walmart here hasn't had havoline since pre-deposit shield days.

local fleet farm carries it but it runs around 3.50 to 4 bucks a quart. I only buy it if it goes on sale.

I have never seen Havoline on the shelf in any of the WalMarts here in the Phoenix area. I see it in other shops - in fact I just bought a ton of 5w-20 quarts at Pep-Boys for $2 each - but never at WalMart. Didn't even know they carried it.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I have never seen Havoline on the shelf in any of the WalMarts here in the Phoenix area. I see it in other shops - in fact I just bought a ton of 5w-20 quarts at Pep-Boys for $2 each - but never at WalMart. Didn't even know they carried it.
Yup they don't have Havoline conventional here. They have it's cousin Chevron Supeme. O'Reillys does sell Havoline Full Synhetic though, but that just started recently.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Chevron supreme is the same or very nearly the same. But he probly won't believe you.

It's the same oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back