Wal Mart Canada Oil Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to wally tonight and noticed some interesting price scheme there.

The famous Esso XD3 0W40 synthetic 4L jug was $22 CAD. Now, it's $35.88 CAD. It just went throught a 60% hike.

But I managed to scored a few 4.4L jugs of PP 5W30 SM for $19 CAD, which is like $15 USD. On the other hand, the YB Pennzoil dino 5W30 is going for $17.99 CAD, it made my $19 PP a great deal.

Sorry, there's no 5W40 PP here in Canada.

Yes, I just picked up a few jugs of PP at WM last week. Couldn't resist the good price but I now have enough oil on my shelf for the next 2 years.

The main problem I have is leaving the oil in for long OCIs. I can't wait that long to change it. Just changed out the PP 10W30 in my Sienna after 8000 km and put in a jug of PP 5W30 from WM. All set for winter!

I bought all the PP 5w30 (5 jugs) at WM a couple of weeks ago for $19.88 each. At a conservative 6k km oci (which subaru demands) I'm good for 1.5 years
grin2.gif

I should of bought more!!

Check out these looow walmart prices:

price shock

Can it be any more scary?

Yes it can! Remember to add 13% sales tax on top, for most provinces. A 5L jug of Mobil 1 ends up costing $47.20 ($38.71 in us dollars at current exchange rate)

I wonder if PP have a slight edge on the QS.

If you guys were given the chance to buy, which one would you guys pick in Canada? Given all 5W30, Group III, -- PP, QS, Valvoline, Castrol, Mobil 1, Supertech, etc.

PP, QS, Mobil, and then anything else :)

My opinion is also based on price.. hence why mobil will almost never be my first choice.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Still selling PP 5w30 for $19.88 4.4L where I'm at.

Yep, looks like they'll keep that price on all PP 4.4L jugs until they're gone. So get to your walmarts people while there is stock.

I just bought 4 more jugs of 10w30 this morning.. I just couldn't help myself. Seriously, I have a sickness, and it's called BITOG Syndrome
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back