Wagner ThermoQuiet Or QuickStop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy a set of brake pads for the rear of the Blazer. What one should I get... Wagner ThermoQuiet Or Wagner QuickStop?

Another vote for Thermoquiet. They are pretty good
smile.gif

Ive ran thermoquiet, they are probably about the best of cheap aftermarket pads.

Hold out for bendex oem grade or better, would be my choice if you want stopping power.

I installed the TQ semi-metallic pads all around on my S430 few months ago, and they are way better than the OEM Jurid's they replaced. Silent, better stopping power and less dust, too.

I'm actually going to install the Thermoquiet's on my Jag XJS V12 next Spring. I have them but never got around to installing them. LOL...

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
Hold out for bendex oem grade or better, would be my choice if you want stopping power.

I bought a set of AC Delco Ceramics for the front and was impressed with the stopping power. Not sure about the durabilty though.

I'm giving ThermoQuiets a 3rd chance on my car. I would have a concern with the IMI being damaged by the caliper piston - but except for a occasional clunk they seem to be stopping the car quite well. I've tried them on a Honda Civic and a Nissan Quest with bad results.

It's a no-brainer

Ordered the ThermoQuiets for $36.73 & free shipping
The QuickStops were $25.50 +$7.75 S&H
Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Warstud
It's a no-brainer

Thanks!

From Amazon?

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Warstud
It's a no-brainer

Thanks!

From Amazon?

Yep

Tried Thermoquiets on one of our cars before and after a while, they squealed so badly everytime the brakes were used that it was embarrassing. Replaced them with Monroe ceramic pads.

Have had good results with Akebono and Hawk pads and they will probably be my future choices for brake pads.

I've got Thermoquiets on my Jeep. They are quiet, perform well, and leave very little brake dust. I'll be getting another set, if I ever wear these out.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
I've got Thermoquiets on my Jeep. They are quiet, perform well, and leave very little brake dust. I'll be getting another set, if I ever wear these out.

I had ThermoQuiets on my Honda and they stopped great and very lil dust however they didnt fit well and when you went from Reverse to Drive you heard a tap....

Went to dealer and he showed me how the Wagners were just a lil to short...

Went with Honda Pads that didnt last long but then got Wearever Plats and they were perfect.
However LOTS OF DUST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back