W8 Passat wagon now in my garage...gulp....

It's a bit more complex than that, and I haven't seen a W16 disassembled - but it should be similar.
Well VW has been doing things like that since the VR6, which I've always wanted.

I suspect it is a mash-up of sorts, with some funky timing accomodations to make it work. VW is clever.

Well VW has been doing things like that since the VR6, which I've always wanted.

I suspect it is a mash-up of sorts, with some funky timing accomodations to make it work. VW is clever.
We have a 3.6 VR6 in our Atlas - it really is a cool engine but getting a bit dated vs. their smaller turbo offerings. But it sounds great.

We have a 3.6 VR6 in our Atlas - it really is a cool engine but getting a bit dated vs. their smaller turbo offerings. But it sounds great.
Honestly, if I had play money, I was going to buy a 1990 Corrado G60 with upgraded Turbo/Supercharger (I forget which one) and a 5-speed manual.

^ I want that car too, but I am not J.D. Rockefeller just yet.

Honestly, if I had play money, I was going to buy a 1990 Corrado G60 with upgraded Turbo/Supercharger (I forget which one) and a 5-speed manual.

I remember when the Corrado came out and looking at one new on the lot, 1993? I always thought it was rad - a VR6 in a small car is always a good combo.

I remember when the Corrado came out and looking at one new on the lot, 1993? I always thought it was rad - a VR6 in a small car is always a good combo.
My first car was an 86 Jetta Deluxe. 5 speed.

The Corrado just "looks right" and having had a SLOW CRX... I always felt it could be cool to have one.

I have a Subaru and a J30 now, so. Just ruminations lol

It was a scroll-type supercharger known as the G-Lader.

Bit of a glass cannon design but an absolute beast of a motor. I had an '86 Cabriolet with a G-60 swap and a built and pulley'd G-Lader with recric delete and FMIC. Absolute monster of a "chick car." 🤣

If I had the cash I'd be after a Polo G40.

polo_g40_5.jpg

Bit of a glass cannon design but an absolute beast of a motor. I had an '86 Cabriolet with a G-60 swap and a built and pulley'd G-Lader with recric delete and FMIC. Absolute monster of a "chick car." 🤣

View attachment 42027
Why does that look like a VW Fox mixed with a Scirocco.

I had a 89 VW Fox.

View attachment 42027
00l0l_fUIgRPNVer8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Why does that look like a VW Fox mixed with a Scirocco.

I had a 89 VW Fox.
Buddy's mom had a Fox, likely somewhere near an '89 vintage...it's the car I learned to drive a stick in. I dig the 2-door wagon version.

Buddy's mom had a Fox, likely somewhere near an '89 vintage...it's the car I learned to drive a stick in. I dig the 2-door wagon version.
If I saw another car like this I WOULD sell the Subaru to get it.

This one looks like mine.. Different badging, could be a later model as after 87 the grilles got ugly, but still, this one.

Clutch travel a little long but honestly who cares.

13" wheels on that car.
File:VW_Jetta_rear_20071212.jpg

vw.jpg

This is the most unique VAG vehicle I've ever owned. A 1979 Audi Fox GTI. Loved that car, bought it in 1985 with 76k on it. IIRC correctly it had a 1.6 4 cylinder and a 4 speed manual. This one was not mine, but it's what it looked like.

I think it was 90, i too remember looking at one on a lot when new, side mounted intercooler and all.

92 or 93 was the "SLC" which was the VR6 IIRC the hood got changed for clearance and made it look chunkier. None the less i had a deal worked on one when VW bought back my 16V GTI, but they got so crummy toward the end that I told the dealer sorry, and if they had an issue with me bailing to take it up with the VW rep, then got a Integra GSR.

I think it was 90, i too remember looking at one on a lot when new, side mounted intercooler and all.

92 or 93 was the "SLC" which was the VR6 IIRC the hood got changed for clearance and made it look chunkier. None the less i had a deal worked on one when VW bought back my 16V GTI, but they got so crummy toward the end that I told the dealer sorry, and if they had an issue with me bailing to take it up with the VW rep, then got a Integra GSR.
Now that's a story I want to hear...

View attachment 42027
What a great-looking little hatch

This is the most unique VAG vehicle I've ever owned. A 1979 Audi Fox GTI. Loved that car, bought it in 1985 with 76k on it. IIRC correctly it had a 1.6 4 cylinder and a 4 speed manual. This one was not mine, but it's what it looked like.

Very, very classy!

I owned a G60 Corrado too. Man i loved that thing. The sound from that engine ("snail supercharger" or GLadder))was intoxicating. Felt A LOT more powerful than advertised and handled great.
Screenshot_20210128-222708_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210128-222544_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210128-222620_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back