VW workers in Tennessee vote to join UAW in historic win for Detroit union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if the UAW bosses like Fain get paid by union dues or by the car manufacturers or both. I know in some 'public sector' unions the union bigs receive their salary (despite working full time for the union) and a big stipend/salary from the union (paid by union dues)

Pretty sure it's directly from the union and it's not a stellar wage nor lifestyle, but comfortable with perks...

Not 100% sure so feel free to Google...

They too can get ready for 32 hour weeks with 40 hours of pay with eventual layoffs. The price of VW’s will increase too thus making them even less affordable.
The appeal of Porsche is starting to tingle inside me again. Here's a car company that will hopefully fight to the end to keep things the way they are. I would encourage the JDM,DTM,Etc to close down the factories 🏭 here on this side of the pond and get back to what would most likely be better quality control. Pharmaceutical companies did it and went to Ireland to save company money. Again the companies have to go through all the red tape and now people feel they are entitled to more just because they say so? Seems the only people that loses are those that create jobs and the consumer. The two most important parts of the auto industry from the trinity and the last third ruins it for them.

I would encourage the JDM,DTM,Etc to close down the factories 🏭 here on this side of the pond and get back to what would most likely be better quality control.
They don't have enough workers. Japan population has been in decline for some time. Population Growth in most of Western Europe has been because of longer life expectancy, not births. In fact the only developed nation of any real domestic young person population growth has been the United States, although our birth rates have been crashing since about 2005. That's why the auto plants are here, and Mexico, and Brazil, and Thailand, and the Philippines, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back