VW oil spec question

I've got a 2019 Audi S3 with VW's 2.0 turbo engine. The spec for this car VW 504.00. I picked up a six pack of VW 0W-30 synthetic 504 from the VW dealer for my last oil change earlier this week. So I'm good to go. But I decided maybe I should carry an emergency quart of oil in the trunk, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. I went to AA because it's much closer than the VW dealer. They had no quart size oil that met VW 504 spec. Didn't want a jug of Liquimoly. So I ended up buying a quart of Castrol Edge Euro car 5W-30 which meets the VW 502 00/505 00 spec. If I had to use this, would it really be a problem? I don't know what the different VW specs indicate. Is the 502/505 close enough to 504 to be safe? The car doesn't appear to use any oil and it holds six quarts. So worst case, if I had to dump in the whole quart of the Castrol, would it really make a difference?

Also, does anyone know who makes VW's branded oil?

Thanks for any input

Does your owner's manual speak to an acceptable quantity of a specified substitute top-off oil? The manual for my vehicle which calls for 508.00 explicitly states that up to 0.5 litre/qt. of ACEA C3 or API SP oil may be used if the correct VW-spec oil is not available.

Does your owner's manual speak to an acceptable quantity of a specified substitute top-off oil? The manual for my vehicle which calls for 508.00 explicitly states that up to 0.5 litre/qt. of ACEA C3 or API SP oil may be used if the correct VW-spec oil is not available.
Duh......Just checked the manual. It says in an emergency you may add a maximum of 1 quart of ACEA C3 or API SN oil one time until the next oil change. The Castrol Edge that I just bought (but don't think I have the receipt for) is ACEA A3/B4 and is API SL. I don't know enough to know the difference between all of the ACEAs but I do realize the API SL has been surpassed and we're up to SP nowadays. So do I return the Edge (if I can find the receipt) and look for something C3 or SP? Or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Back