VUDO or NETFLIX for streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently streaming movies using my BluRay player. I am trying Netflix although I can also try VUDO. Netflix seems to have many movies on "disc only" and pay $2.00 more/month and then wait for the disc to be mailed. I wanted to watch "Bourne Ultimatum" and an Indiana Jones movie and all are disc only. And these are not new movies. Is this Netflixs way of forcing me to pay $2.00 more a month?

What experience have people had with VUDU?

Vudu's OK, but IMO, pricey per movie, especially if you want HD (more $$$). Now that our Vudu free credits are used up, a future Vudu rental would have to be a guaranteed hit movie that I really want to see immediately, badly, and be unavailable via Redbox.

Picture quality on Vudu's HDX option (1080p) delivers, but is usually $5.99 a movie. To me, that's too pricey. They have older titles cheaper (2 nights for $2), but I use Netflix for the older streaming stuff.

If your player comes with a free credit option, set up the Vudu account, use up your credit within 30 days, and enjoy. Do the Vudu speed test before renting titles in HDX to make sure your internet connection can handle the data.

Netflix streaming is good, but as you've learned, you still need the disc by mail option if you want to see everything.
I have the two at time option with Blu-ray access for $19.43 a month, with New York's cut included.

I think Netflix is the more financially sensible one...
We have 1 at a time, unlimited per month with blu ray access and we also use Netflix streaming via the Blu Ray player.
For the amount of movies we watch, the plan suits us fine. Netflix streaming on HD available movies is VERY good, and non-HD is still very decent.

Vudu does seem great on HD but pricey.

my wife got me a sony 3d capable wifi blu ray player for xmas. has youtube, hulu, netflix, etc for wifi access. haven't had a chance to play around with it. but we will be joining netflix shortly due to their great selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back